Ch. 51 - The Final Competition

"Come on guys let's do this," Byron cheerfully says.

They sit down, and look into the audience. Byron, John, Callie, Caesar, and Robbie all look to Frankie, and smile. They know with her they will win, and bring this title to Sepulveda.

The judges sit down. "Let's begin. The first question is on the theme art. What is the name of drawing by Italian Renaissance artist Leonardo da Vinci that also known as "The proportions of the human body"?"

Caesar hits his button.

"Sepulveda has the question."

Caesar says, "The Vitruvian Man."

"Correct. Points to Sepulveda."

"Next question on the theme of Marine Biology. What is the cause of the angler fish's Biolumenense?"

A boy from the other team hits the button.

"Riverdale has the question."

"Photo bacterium"

"Correct. Points to Riverdale."

"Next question in the theme of fashion. A red amorphous powder consisting of ferric oxide, used in polishing and as a cosmetic."

Callie hits his button.

"Sepulveda has the question."

"Rogue"

"Correct. Points to Sepulveda."

This continues on for a hour until it is tied 320 to 320.

"Since we are in a tie. We need one last question to break this stalemate. First team to answer correctly wins. Final Question in the theme of Machines." They all look to Frankie, knowing she will answers this correctly, while she looks nervous.

"What is the name of the first artificial satellite to orbit Earth?" Frankie hits the buzzer first.

""Sepulveda has the question."

"The Sputnik."

The judges look at their answers.

"Correct. Points to Sepulveda. Congraulations Sepulveda is this year's International Decathlon winners."

The Sepulveda team stands up and start hugging each other.

The Sepulveda side of the audience starts cheering too.

Andrew gets up and hugs Frankie.

When they finally finish, every moves to the hotel's banquet room, where there is food and drinks.

Everyone sits down. Byron stands up, "I would like to thank all the members of Brain Squad for this win. I have never been the guy to play sports, but when I found Brain Squad I found something to be a part of. I heard in football, the team votes on a member of exceptional skill. They call that person the MVP. Myself and the other members decided, to vote a MVP. And that team member is Frankie Gaines. Without her as president, I don't if John and I could keep Brain Squad going. We thank you Frankie, and even if we had lost today, we made this plaque just for you. We know that, you are leaving Sepulveda, we will miss you and hope you come back." Robbie and John hands her the plaque.

"Speech...Speech...Speech...Speech," everyone says.

"This year my family and just moved to Sepulveda. You could say I did not have a life before moving here. I want to thank Brain Squad for welcoming me and being friends. I am not moving far, so I can still visit. This does not mean the end for group." They all finish the dinner. Frankie hugs everyone as they leave.

Will comes up to her. "I love you Frankie, and we will miss you. When you feel comfortable to visit, please do."

"I will try dad." A.L.I.B.A. in the black town car pulls up and takes Frankie and Andrew home. She looks out the window at his sad face as they leave.

"So when are we leaving." He asks her, and she does not answer. He looks at her. "Frankie....Frankie... what's wrong." He puts a hand on her chin, and she turns her head, and there is a blue drop of liquid is pouring down her face.

"Frankie what is happening?" She touches her face, and feels the drop in her hand.

"I think I am crying coolant. Andrew where ever we go it will not be far, but I will miss them all."

"Don't worry Frankie you will see them again, and you have me, till the world ends."

"You are right. Till the world ends." They look into each other eyes and kiss.

They stop and look forward and wonder what the future holds.

The end.