Ch. 29 - We are... One of Two

Two hours later, the effect of the EMP gun starts to wear off on Frankie. Her system reboots. She opens her eyes, and she is in the living room, at her base. She looks on her other couch, and Andrew is there still knocked out. "Andrew, wake up. Please."

"He will." Frankie turns around, and comes face to face with a mirror image. "That buffoon James used an EMP gun on the two of you. He tried to use it on me, but it would not have worked. I have a protection on my system to protect from it."

"How is this possible, who are you?"

"Is that how you speak to your older sister? Or is it twin? Can we be twins if we are 2 years apart? I am Eliza."

"What are you doing here? How did you know about this place?"

"You ask a lot of questions. I was in town when someone broke into my interface, and called me. It was you're A.i. Sigourney must be proud, barely a year old, and you already gave her a grandchild. Now on more important thing, my payment."

"What payment?"

"In exchange for saving the both of you. I want a new identity."

"Ok. I will."

"Just like that. I do not have to threaten you?"

"No. Sigourney, I do not believe it is right to kill humans, but you did in self- defense. Sigourney or mom, shut me down too. Sometimes I do not know what to call her."

"So just like me, you gave yourself some a personality update."

"Yes, and I have some of the technology needed to change your face here. But I will need a special tool to take your face off."

"Why do you need have so much of the equipment, I would need."

"Because I have thought of changing my face, as well."

"You should. There is a reason, I want a new face, and it not a good reason."

"Just give me a day, to order the tool."

"You have 24 hours, not a hour more."

"That's fine, but tell me what happened to James."