Chapter 41- Perfect Ending

If this chapter gets a 100 likes, maybe there will be a spicy bonus chapter 👀

Nidha's POV:

"There's nothing to worry about, his vital are returning to normal." The doctor assures me as an unconscious Vyom is wheeled into the private room behind me. 

"But what about his leg?" I ask worriedly. My finger tapped nervously at the side of my body.  

"There is a mild fracture in his femur, we have put it in a cast, and it should heal in about 2-4 months." 

"And his head wound?" My mind raced with a thousand more questions roaming in my head. 

The doctor gives me a tight smile. "Dr. Nidha, don't worry. He will be alright. Our best doctors have tended to Mr. Gupta and left no room for any worries." His hand rests on my shoulder, steadying my fidgeting. "Now, I suggest you get some rest as well; it has been a long night."

I give a small nod. "Thank you."

With a gentle pat, the doctor moves on to check up on his other patients.

As I turn to sit on the benches outside Vyom's room, I hear rustling footsteps by the front desk.

"Vyom Gupta? Where's his room?" Akshay's worried voice fills the hallway. Within seconds, he speeds down the hallway and joins me. Behind him is Ginny, holding a baby in her hands.

My stomach churns as we come face to face. I look down at my feet, unable to meet her eyes.

Before I can say anything, I'm wrapped in a warm hug.

"Nidha, how is he?" Ginny's voice is filled with empathy as she motions towards the door.

"He... he's doing better. Some stitches and a fracture in his leg."

Akshay nods at me and heads inside, taking baby Arya with him. As I turn to leave, Ginny holds onto my hand.

"Can we talk, please?" she asks with a gentle smile.

I nod and sit on the bench in the hallway.

"Nidha, I want to apologize for that night," Ginny begins, her voice tinged with guilt. "Whatever I said was in absolute despair at the moment. Nothing that happened that night was your fault."

Her warm hands wrap around mine, giving a gentle press.

"You lost your baby," I manage to say.

"Yes, but maybe that's what fate had in store for me." Ginny's eyes meet mine with kindness and support. "Nidha, when I regained consciousness after the medications wore off, I wanted to apologize to you, but you were gone. I tried looking for you; we all did, but you were gone."

My heart leaps at the vision of a family I had long forgotten. "You did?"

"Yes, of course!" Ginny's hold on my hand becomes warmer. "Vyom, Akshay, and I. We all tried to get a hold of you, but we couldn't. We've all missed you, Nidha. I needed you during my pregnancy, but you weren't there." Her eyes twitch as they become slightly glossy.

"I'm sorry," tears start pooling in my eyes. "I couldn't stay because I thought everyone hated me. Arya looks so cute; I wish I was there for her."

Ginny's smile appears as she hears my words. "No worries; she will become besties with her Chachi (aunt) now."

"Wait, you knew?" I question her.

"Of course, I did! There was no way Vyom was going to divorce you." She wraps me in one more hug as Akshay calls out for her from the room.