Chapter 22- Healer

Author's POV:

For the past few days, Vyom has stayed at Nidha's side taking care of her and healing her ankle. Pampering her like never before, Vyom made sure she didn't feel alone in this lonesome mansion. 

Nidha on the other hand has been piecing together ways to make Vyom happier in his own home. 'No longer will he feel unheard or unwanted' She promises herself. She takes on the initiative of fixing relations around the house, making the family better.

Like every day, the Guptas are gathered around the dining table eating their breakfast. Mr. Gupta is reading a newspaper, while Ginny and Akshay are scrolling their phones. 

"Good morning." Ms. Gupta greets only Vyom as Nidha and he approach the dining table. 

Vyom pulls out Nidha's chair and helps her get settled before sitting down across from her. 

The staff serves them their chai and both place some fruit onto their plates. 

"Can someone pass me the butter?" Vyom asks grabbing a piece of toast. 

"You don't need to be eating butter. Or that piece of toast." Mr. Gupta looks up from his paper. 

Vyom lets out a disappointing sigh and drops the piece of bread onto his plate. Nidha looks around as none of the family members bother to offer Vyom any butter. 

Annoyed by the patriarchy set in the house, she reaches over Ginny's plate and hands the butter over to Vyom. 

Everybody stops chewing and all eyes are fixated on Nidha as if she just did something illegal. 

Nidha scans the room and goes back to her breakfast. Mr. Gupta arches his eyebrows in anger while his wife rolls her eyes. 

Vyom grabs the plate of butter and lathers a thick spread onto his slice. "Thank you, my wife." He smiles at Nidha. "Otherwise, I would've gone hungry." He says taking a big bite. 

The corners of Nidha's lips lift in amusement. She tries hard to suppress her laugh. 

Suddenly, Mr. Gupta slams his fork down onto the table. "That wife of yours is also causing you to miss work for the past 3 days!" He roars at the end of the table. 

His outburst startles everybody, causing them to look up at Vyom for an answer.

Across from Nidha, Vyom fiddles around with his food, he pushes his food from one side to another. "I was taking care of Nidha." He says in a small voice. 

"Taking care? Do we not have enough helpers in the house? How can you leave work for such a small thing?" Mr. Gupta scoffs. 

Under the table, Nidha can feel Vyom's leg shaking. He looks down at his plate while everyone turns to him expecting him to answer. 

"Have you ever asked him if he wants to work?" Nidha answers, looking directly at Mr. Gupta. 

All the family members including Vyom look at Nidha in shock. 

"What did you just say?" Mr. Gupta sneers at her. 

"I said" Nidha clears her throat. "Have you ever asked him if he wants to work with you? You basically forced him to start working under you." 

"You're going to tell me how to behave with my son?!" Mr. Gupta yells. "Who even are you to say all that!" His voice goes higher, causing the whole house to shake with its echo. 

"I am his wife," Nidha says with confidence. She slams her wrist on the table, showing Vyom's dad she too can raise her voice. "I am the reason he has to work with you in the first place." 

Ms. Gupta rolls her eyes from her seat. "Just because you got married to him, you think know him better than us?" She shakes her head with disgust. 

"No," Nidha nods her head. "I know for a fact that I know Vyom the best here." She reaches across the table and takes Vyom's hands into hers. "I know how as a kid he felt unheard because you gave all your attention to Akshay Bhai. I know how he felt so unwanted, that he went away from home. I know how much he loves to eat sweets when overwhelmed. And that's just the beginning." 

She feels Vyom's hands tightening around hers. Around the table, sits quietly unsure of what to say. 

Although Ms. Gupta knew her son was never a homeboy, she never realized how detached he had felt until today. And she hated the fact that it took a random girl that had just met her son to realize this fact. 

Mr. Gupta on the other hand was fuming at the inpudentness of his younger daughter-in-law. Nobody in the house ever talked back to him, and Nidha had done just that. 

Before anybody could say anything, Vyom jerked from his chair and pulled Nidha along with him. Together they both made their way into their room. 

Standing there in silence, Nidha fidgeted with her hands. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to say all that-" 

Before she could finish, Vyoms hands wrapped around her in a tight hug. She took less than a second to encase her arms around him and grace his neck with her fingers. 

"Thank you," Vyom said tightening his arms around her. 

Nidha could help but smile. "That's what a wife is for." She whispers to him. 

Neither makes an attempt to break free from the hug. Both stand there, their hands holding on as tight as they can to each other. Both of their hearts touch each other, beating in unison. Both are each other's comfort. 

Precap: Vyom and Nidha go on a honeymoon. 👀

Sorry for the short update, I promise, the next chapter will be double the length!

If you want to vote on where they will go for their honeymoon, follow me on Instagram at mp071105 

Please leave some comments and vote and share! 

-💙