9. Scoldings

Radhe Radhe readers💙🦚✨,

Author

As the puja proceeded, Akshara felt more and more comfortable with her family. She sat beside her brothers while the pandit continued chanting mantras while performing sacrifices at the same time.

The latter half of the sacrifices were supposed to be performed by the newly made King and Queen, while their family sat watching them performing them. Adhiraj and Shivani, continued with their duties while the siblings sat in front of them. They weren't allowed to get up until the puja was fulfilled.

Akshara yawned subtly, looking around at the monotonous atmosphere of the hall. She roamed her eyes around the room to find some people working on their phones while others were involved in their own world of conversations.

Akshara sneaked some glances beside her, to find her brothers sitting with different expressions on their faces. Atharav sat with a stoic look, his eyes not even wavering away from the rituals. Akshara unknowingly gulped at the amount of sternness his aura was radiating.

She swiftly averted her gaze to find her Bhaiya laying his head on Akarsh's shoulder, looking as bored as her. She smiled at the scowl he was giving to the Pandit. Akshara too felt tired and laid her head on Akarsh's other shoulder, who immediately draped his arms around her.

Both Reyansh and Akarsh passed each other an amused look, before turning towards their little sister. "Kab khatam hoga ye?" Akshara whined lowly to no one in particular. Both Reyansh and Akarsh stifled a chuckle upon hearing her.

"Kya hua? Bore ho rhi ho Shona?" Reyansh asked as Akshara sulked nodding her head in affirmation. Indeed she hated sitting like this for hours. "Koi nhi bas thodi der aur Akshu, phir we'll have lunch"

Akarsh said blinking his eyes at her for reassurance. Akshara's eyes sparkled hearing him, she was actually too hungry to be sitting there. Akshara leaned more into her brother's embrace with a smile adorning her face as her eyes shined in excitement.

Akarsh looked down at her, grinning like a Cheshire cat. He wiggled his brows at his bhaiya in teasing, earning a snort from him, "Uska favourite mai hi rhunga do whatever you want". Reyansh whispered with much annoyance, laying back his head on his younger brother's shoulder.

"Vo toh tab tha na Bhaiya, when she remembered us. Ab toh usse humme se koi bhi yaad nhi h. So I have a chance to become her favourite you see" Akarsh grinned ear to ear, as Reyansh's face morphed into irritation.

But soon changed into a saddened one, "Kaash hum usse Aaj bhi yaad hote". Akarsh who had caught the hint of sadness, immediately gave him a sympathetic expression. He too wished the same.

He kept on his head Bhaiya's head as he spoke, "Koi baat nhi bhaiya, hum usse yaad nhi toh kya hua? Woh toh Hume yaad h. Even if she doesn't remember us at all". Akarsh could feel his elder brother nod his head at his explanation.

Not sure but sometimes he felt like the elder one with his Bhaiya. He giggled when Reyansh commented," Kaafi bada ho gya h tu chote". Akarsh swiftly scooted Akshara closer to himself, comfortably holding her in his hold.

-×-

Akshara sighed in relief as the puja came to an end. "Finally" She muttered, rolling her eyes. As she got out of Akarsh's hold, he immediately missed her presence. Akarsh too got up with her, not wanting to leave her alone after all the chaos that had happened earlier.

He slid his hand into his sister's, as his eyes scanned through the room for anyone who could be any harm to his sister. His eyes fell on Ishita, who was glaring at his little sister, standing in the corner of the room. She was holding her daughter close to herself.