7. Prank

Radhe Radhe readers💙🦚✨,

Author

"Thank you" Akshara mumbled when Akarsh stopped in front of her room. He was escorting her since he didn't want Sameer to create another ruckus or find a chance to hit his sister.

Akarsh turned around and just stared at his sister with a blank expression as if trying to figure something out. Akshara patiently waited for his response but on receiving none she said lowly, "Mujhe sone jaana h".

As she was about to yank her hand from her elder brother's hold, he held her wrist tightly keeping her still at her place. He gently cupped her face in his palms, "Usne kabhi tujhe physically hurt kiya Akshu?"

Akarsh's tone was gentle yet the concern in it tugged Akshara's heart, something that she had never experienced before. 'Akshu', this nickname sounded so familiar to her yet she could never remember who used to call her by it. Her brain made the memories hazy whenever she tried to remember it.

Akshara looked at him shocked as his eyes showcased pure anger and concern. That feeling was so unfamiliar to her. No one ever showed any type of worry towards her except her Dadaji.

Akarsh on the other hand, was trying his level best to suppress his pounding anger. The fact of his sister being hurt by some bratty boy who couldn't keep his hands to himself, was alone enough for him to burn down the world let alone keep away the aspect of physicality or mentality.

He clenched and unclenched his fists a few times to control his burning wrath, to not scare his innocent sister away. His eyebrows knitted when he saw Akshara gazing at him with some indecipherable sentiment in her eyes. Something he never wanted to see in her eyes.

Akshara was pulled out of her thought process when Akarsh snapped his finger in front of her asking, " Kahan kho gyi? Bata na Akshu". Akshara bit her lower lip slightly and nodded softly.

Akarsh's eyes were fueled with anger as he spoke, "Uski to mai-" He left Akshara's hand and was about to walk back towards the Sameer. When someone kept a firm hand on his shoulder, holding him by his place.

Akarsh realized whose hold it was slightly relaxed, standing in his place. However, Akshara who was also going to stop him by holding his hand got shocked looking at the person standing beside her. She hadn't expected him at this hour of the night.

Reyansh stood there with an unwavering smile, Akshara's eyes widened a little when she couldn't decipher the feeling that hid behind it. Her previous interaction with him came crashing down her memory lane. How scary he was!- She thought to herself.

Akshara felt herself shivering as she glanced at the chill-giving smile that Reyansh held. It is dangerous- she convinced her racing mind. Akarsh looked at his bhaiya and said, "Chodiye bhaiya mai usse-"

Reyansh again interrupted him with a press on his shoulder. He gave his younger brother a tight-lipped smile, speaking through his gritted teeth," Akarsh chod na hum baad mai deal karenge"

Akarsh, who hadn't noticed his expression yet turned around to look at him with disbelief clear in his eyes." Abhi dekho akshara ko problem ho rahi hai " Reyansh emphasized giving a side glance to his confused little sister.

Akarsh who had finally understood the underlying meaning behind his brother's smile, gave him an amused look and smirked as they made eye contact. He then slowly turned towards his little sister and smiled giddily, "Tujhe neend aa rahi thi na?"

Akshara gave a weird glimpse between both her brothers, not understanding a bit of the surpassing situation. She was about to nod her head but Akarsh gave her a sign against her former choice.