A Chilling Evening

Wat wasn't sure what was going through Tine's head. He had been deeply disturbed when he had left the house after Gulf had told them everything yet he had sounded quite calm on the call. Not the reaction he had feared. And now he was setting the table for dinner while calling for Gulf and Mew. Why was acting like nothing had happened? A forceful denial of situation wasn't a good thing. Should he give Tine space to work it out or should he be confronting him to open up? The fragile balance between the need to coddle Tine and to let him be his own person was hard to maintain especially when it threatened more than his peace of mind.

Gulf looked terrified as he sat down for dinner. It felt like they were back to all those years ago when Tine used indifference as a shield to protect his mental peace. It wasn't like that anymore, right? Tine could come to them for help so why wasn't he? Why wasn't he talking about problem at hand? They could come up with a solution, right? They always did somehow. Mew took Gulf's hand in his and squeezed it reassuringly. They ate dinner in tense silence, each one of them bursting to say something but still holding themselves back.

"I think if we went one more second without talking about everything, we would combust." Tine said after a while.

Gulf pouted in relief at his Tine being back, "You scared me."

"Sorry, bun. I just needed to sort out my thoughts. I'm glad you gave me the space to think. It helped a lot."

"Are you okay, babe?" Way asked.

"Yes, it was obviously shocking to know the truth but I feel okay now that the shock has passed. Gulf, I'm a bit upset that you decided suffering alone was better than telling us but I kinda understand why you did that. Maybe I would have done the same thing in your place. And I would have expected to correct me as well. I'm sorry-"

Gulf squeaked to interrupt Tine but he stopped him, "Let me say it. I need it as much as you don't want it. I'm sorry, Gulf. That monster dared to hurt you because of me. Before you say anything I know it's not really my fault. I understand that, bun, I really do. How could I ever be blamed for something a psycho did? But my heart still wants to apologize. You wouldn't rob me of that peace, right?"

Gulf sniffed cutely, "No. I forgive you, Tine. It's never your fault."

"I know, bun." Tine placed a kiss on Gulf's forehead wrapping his arms around the boy who happily snuggled closer.

"We are going to deal with this problem instead of ignoring it. Wat, contact the police. I want that monster caught as soon as possible. We won't let him get away with it. He dared to hurt our fluffball. He's going to pay for that."

Wat was already on it. He had contacted the police and soon they would be there to get complete statement from Gulf. He had also hired few more bodyguards to be stationed at their house and cafe. He wasn't going to let Tine get out of his sight until this jerk was caught. Mew was contacting the private investigator that he did business with often. Police wasn't going to get to the bottom of it soon enough. That much they all knew. They needed to go through some miscellaneous channels to get to the criminal.

"I think Tine and Gulf should stay at home for a while." Mew said which earned him protests from both men.

"I agree with Mew. Just for few days. I wouldn't be able to even think properly if I didn't know for sure that you are safe." Wat pleaded.

Tine agreed to the arrangement reluctantly. He understood the reasoning behind it but it irked him to put his life on hold because of some stalker. Well, he could use this time to fuss over Gulf. He hadn't healed completely yet and Tine would love the opportunity to baby him.

It had already been three weeks but Police had no lead regarding the stalker and since there hadn't been any more attempt they were most likely thinking of dropping the case. Wat and Mew were really angry with the lukewarm attempt at investigation but couldn't get the higher ups to listen. Private investigator couldn't give a solid lead either. They were getting restless, it felt like calm before the storm. The silence from the stalker wasn't helping their nerves either. Police had tried to assure them by claiming maybe the stalker had grown bored or he got scared because of involvement of police and would definitely stay away from them but they were sire that's not the case. Anyone who could dare to break into someone's house and hurt someone without any guilt wasn't going to back out easily. He was just bidding his time. He will definitely strike, sooner rather than later. They have to be prepared for that. They couldn't let their guard down.