A Day Without Worries

Wat had just finished the rough draft for his manuscript and was looking forward to relaxing at the weekend with Tine. After that night, Wat felt a bit lighter, like a weight had been taken off his shoulder. He had never talked about Ayan and his feelings with anyone, not even Mew. Though Mew knew what had transpired all those years ago but Wat hadn't been able to lay out his inner turmoils but with Tine it had been easy. He had been so scared of losing Tine that he didn't think twice before he had blurted out everything. Maybe a part of him wanted to be accepted, needed someone to tell him it's not his fault and that everything would be okay. He wasn't delusional enough to assume that everything was completely okay between them, there was lot that they needed to work especially him.

He can't take advantage of Tine's forgiving nature or his capacity to empathize with everyone. After they had struggled so much to be together, it would be foolish to throw it all away because of his mistakes. He needed to make sure he could be someone Tine needed. He had prepared a simple date with Tine, he wanted Tine to know how much he meant to Wat. Tine had closed the shop earlier than usual. He had been pleasantly surprised when Wat had told him about the date. It would be a fresh change after everything. Wat had come to pick up Tine looking devilishly handsome that Tine was tempted to cancel the date altogether and have some quality time in their bedroom.

"You aren't thinking anything good, are you?" Wat smirked.

"W-What?"

"I know I look delicious but maybe we could eat some food before we got to good part."

Wat handed him a beautiful bouquet of his favorite

"Flowers?"

"They looked pretty. I wanted to see them with someone prettier."

Tine blushed as they drove to the restaurant. He had forgotten what a smooth talker Wat could be. Maybe it was writer thing, who knows. Wat could say something simple in a way that would make your heart race like anything. He must've been a crazy flirt in school and college. Tine narrowed his eyes at he looked at Wat.

"What?" Wat questioned at the unexpected glare thrown his way.

"Nothing." Tine said pouting.

"Tell me."

"You're a natural flirt."

Wat laughed at the face Tine was making, so his baby could get jealous, "I only flirt with you."

"Typical pickup line."

"But you're the only one I'll ever pickup."

They reached at their destination. It was park with beautiful river front lined with trees and cluster of seasonal flowers maintained in various shapes and geometry. Tine had thought they would be going to some restaurant or cafe but this was definitely better than that.

"It's beautiful, Wat."

Wat had decorated a corner for just two of them to enjoy.

Soon both of them got busy with eating and talking

Soon both of them got busy with eating and talking. They were content with just being in each other's presence.

"Tine, finish those cupcakes. You are still nibbling on the first one."

"I'll get fat. There's too much calories."

"Not this again. How many times I've told you that you're hardly anywhere near being fat. If anything you're too skinny."

"That's not true. I've gained lots of weight."

"Then why can't I see it?"

"Look at my thighs, they are thick."

Wat glanced at those mentioned thighs which were visible since Tine was wearing shorts, and stared a bit longer than necessary.

Tine rolled his eyes, "Eyes up, Wat. Don't ogle my poor innocent thighs."

"You told me to look at them."

"I said to look not to salivate at them."

"Those thighs are anything but innocent."

Tine gasped, "What? You're blaming them for your dirty mind?"

"My mind wouldn't be dirty if they weren't that beautiful."

Tine pulled his shorts a little lower, blushing at the way Wat was staring at him.

Wat gulped, "They look smooth and juicy and fresh-"

Tine was scandalized, "They aren't something to eat. Why are drooling over them like they're piece of meat?"

"Well...."

Tine smacked him on back, "You need to bath in holy water."

"Let me do something unholy-"

Tine grimaced, "Cringey."

Wat pouted, "I'm trying to be seductive here and you just had to ruin it."

Tine laughed, "Well with that pout you look more cute than sexy."

"Tine, I am thinking of going on a vacation with you. All four of us can go. What do you say?"

"Vacation? But the cafe-"

"Let's close it for few days. I think we all need to unwind. Past few weeks had been too stressful for all of us."

"We could try that. I think it would be fun."

Wat smiled, "Okay then I'll book the tickets. Where do you think we should go?"

"Well, I'm not sure. Anywhere is fine with me."

"Let's discuss it with Mew and Gulf."

"Okay."

Tine was startled with a finger tracing his cheek, Wat was looking at him with a small smile on his face, like he couldn't believe Tine was his. Tine closed his eyes and leaned into the touch. This peace was such a rare occurrence in their life that it was intertwined with a fear of upcoming storm. Tine shook his head, he wouldn't let negative thoughts mess up his day. Good things could happen to him too, even Gods must get tired of thinking up one reason after other to ruin things for him. He was going to enjoy these moments instead of fretting over his future.

The ride back home was silent, a peaceful silence. Tine was texting Gulf to not make dinner since they were bringing takeouts. As soon as Tine opened the door he saw Gulf standing there with an uneasy expression which alarmed him considerably but before he could ask him what was wrong his gaze landed on someone standing in the middle of living room, someone he hadn't expected to see here or had even thought about in all these months. Tine could already feel everything slipping through his fingers.