Permission To Eat

Tine was sulking and so was Gulf. They had a fight over something frivolous again. Mew and Wat couldn't fathom why these two wouldn't just get along. I mean, Gulf was absolutely obedient to Mew and friendly enough with Wat but with Tine he was hostile. As for Tine, he was hostile to everyone but he had some different sort of animosity for Gulf. Gulf was crying right now as Mew rocked him back and forth gently. Wat couldn't understand what happened to Mew whenever he was near Gulf. He acted like he was taking care of his boyfriend. Not that he minded if they ended up together but he hoped Mew won't mess up Gulf more than he already was.

He had been talking with his parents regarding his situation. They had been worried but soon that turned into anger.

"Wat, are you serious?" His dad asked.

"Dad, calm down."

"This is serious matter. Human trafficking is not a joke."

"I know, Dad. That's why I'm trying to help-"

"Please Wat. I know you love helping people but can't you just stop trying to be hero all the time?" His mother beseeched.

"Mom-"

"How many times I had to run to hospital because you had decided to help someone?" She asked.

"Not that many times. Just few-"

"Few? You almost died that time you got involved in rescuing a kid from kidnapper. Do you've any idea what I went through when you were in the hospital? Do you care what your parents felt seeing their only son lying on the bed battling with death?" She started sobbing.

"Mom, please don't cry. I'm sorry but I couldn't help it."

"I know you're kind but too much kindness isn't good either. If it'll get you in trouble, I would rather have a selfish son."

"You don't mean that." Wat said.

"I do. Why are you helping that boy?"

"Because he needs my help."

"Let police do their work. It's not your job to rescue people."

"Police wouldn't help him. Brett has lots of connection."

His father exclaimed, "Doesn't that knock some sense in you? If even police won't cross him then why are you doing it?"

"That's the reason I have to help him. No one is going to help if I don't."

"What does he mean to you? Why are you taking such huge risk for him?"

"I just- I want to help, Dad."

"There's nothing wrong with helping people but not at the price of your own life. I don't want you to sacrifice anything for anyone, not even us. I want my son to live his life to the fullest, while enjoying everything. I don't want you to suffer at all because of anyone."

"How can you say that? How can I not sacrifice anything for you both? I would die for you and mom if there ever is need to."

His mother sighed, "That's what I don't want. You are kind to the fault.. Why can't I have a selfish son?"

Wat chuckled, "People would think you're weird."

"They would understand if they were in my shoe."

"I thought Mew would keep you out of trouble but that kid has decided to be a savior too this time." His father said.

Wat replied offended, "I'm the one who keeps Mew out of trouble."

"I'm going to smack Mew when I see him. He should be keeping you safe but he decided to jump into fire along with you. You both are so hot headed at times."

"Does he have any family?" His mother asked after a while.

"Tine? No, he doesn't. He's an orphan from what I know. As for relatives, I'm not sure yet."

"Poor soul. I would be turning in my grave if something like this ever happened to you. I'm sending Arya for housekeeping. She'll take care of everything there. Are you feeding him properly? I bet he didn't get to eat much there."

Wat smiled, "I knew my mom wouldn't be so cold hearted. You are already worried about Tine even though you haven't met him yet. You're are the sweetest."

She rolled her eyes, "And the other one? Gulf, right? How's he doing? Is Mew too enchanted by him?"

"You bet. He wouldn't leave him alone for even a minute."

"Mew does fall in love easily."

"But completely." He finished.

"Just take care, Wat. Please don't get hurt. Tell me whatever happens, okay?"

"Of course, Mom. Love you. Bye."

"Love you too."

Wat turned around to see Tine standing at the door fidgeting.

"Tine, do you need something?"

"...... "

"Is something wrong?"

"I..... Can- I want..... "

"It's okay. Tell me what do you need."

"I am h-hungry. Can I e-eat?" He said in a small voice.

Wat's eyes widened in realization, "Of course. You don't have to ask me for permission, Tine. You feel hungry, you can eat anything."

"Am I allowed to?"

"Bub, you're allowed to do whatever you want here. No one is gonna stop you. You want to eat, you can. You want to sleep, you can. You want to watch TV, you can."

Tine stared at him without saying anything.

"What happened?"

"You called me bub."

"Oh, sorry. I didn't notice."

"It's okay. I..... I don't mind."

Wat smiled at that, "Okay, so let's feed bub."

The came downstairs to see Gulf crying while Mew looked flustered.

"What happened here? Mew, what did you do?" Wat asked worriedly.

"Nothing happened."

Gulf glared at him while fat tears rolled down his rosy cheeks.

Wat knew he shouldn't be laughing but he couldn't help it. Gulf looked absolutely adorable glaring at Mew while Mew looked like he was sulking.

"He's a meanie." Gulf said.

"Why? What did he do? Tell me."

"He pinched my cheeks."

Silence that followed was broken by Wat laughing heartily, Tine scoffing and Mew apologizing.

"Is that why you're crying?"

"It hurts. Cheeks hurt. He pinched them really hard." Gulf said.

Mew defended himself, "He's exaggerating. I just pinched them lightly."

"Are you sure?" Wat questioned.

"Yes, he's being a crybaby."

"Mew." Wat scolded. "Gulf you can pinch his cheeks as revenge."

Gulf asked hopefully, "I can?"

"Yes, as hard as you want."

"He'll hit me-"

"I'll never hit you no matter what you do." Mew declared.

Gulf stared at Mew for few seconds and then pulled his cheeks really hard making Mew wince. Mew poked Gulf's cheek making him pout then Gulf pinched his cheeks and they kept going on like that. Wat felt happy seeing Gulf opening up little by little. He wished Tine would do the same. He cooked the dinner while Gulf and Mew set the table. Tine was still standing at the distance observing them thoughtfully.

"Tine, come. Let's eat."

Tine looked at them with disinterest and a bit of anger. They looked so normal while he was falling apart inside.