Night Out

Gulf had been wandering around the hotel when he spotted Mew. He froze at place and then his instinct kicked in and he bolted out of there. Mew smiled at his boy running away in haste. After all it was his turn to do the chasing now. He took long strides cornering Gulf against the wall.

"Why are you here?"

"Hello to you too, Gulf."

"Why are you here?" Gulf repeated his question, his eyes fixed at a point beside Mew's head, avoiding looking at his eyes directly.

"Is that how you greet me after all these years?"

"Why should I greet you?"

"Is my Gulf defying me?"

Gulf blushed instantly, "My? I'm not yours."

"Not yet."

"Never." He said resolutely.

"Are you sure?"

"Think you skipped over the part where you apologize for the way behaved with me all those years ago."

"I'm sorry, Gulf."

"That's it?"

"Should I get on my knees? I would for you."

Gulf glared at him, "Whatever. I don't care for your apologies anymore. I'm leaving."

"Who said you can leave? My Gulf used to be quite obedient and submissive. But I can't say I don't like this feisty side of you." Mew said playfully.

Gulf stared at him, mouth agape, "You do realize you're acting like a absolute jerk right now?"

"Am I? Let me make it up to you by taking you out for dinner."

"I don't want to go."

"At least think about it. We can talk over the dinner."

"About what?"

"About us."

"Is there anything to talk about us?"

"I want there to be." Mew took out his business card and handed it to Gulf, "My number is there. Let me know when you're free and we can schedule the dinner then. I would ask for your number but it doesn't seem like you'll give it to me."

"I'm not calling you." Gulf said adamantly.

"We'll see. I've to get back now. Take care."

Gulf calmed his racing heart and left to search for Tine. He was definitely not going to think about Mew anymore. They met after five years and this is how he acts? A part of him was happy to see him but another part of him was resentful for the way things had ended. Should he take Mew seriously? What would a dinner with him entail? Should he even consider starting something with him? Considering how scatterbrained Tine and Gulf were it was surprising they didn't mess up anything. They were chilling at home with some fried chicken and beer as they recounted their fateful meeting with their men.

"Do you think this was really a coincidence?" Gulf asked.

"I'm not sure. Knowing Wat and Mew I wouldn't eliminate the possibility of it all being their plan."

Gulf looked at Tine for few seconds, "Were you happy?"

"I don't know but I wasn't particularly upset."

"Mew was acting like a jerk. A handsome jerk, but a jerk nonetheless."

"So you're going to that date with him?" Tine asked.

"It's not a date. Just a dinner."

"I don't think so. You're going?"

"I don't think I should."

"So you won't go?" Tine raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe I should. I can't give up a free meal." Gulf tries to justify his actions.

Tine rolled his eyes, "Yeah sure."

"What about you?"

"Wat was acting like a giddy teenager in love."

"He's usually like that around you."

"No, he wasn't like that before."

"You're just too preoccupied to notice it. He looks at you like you're his everything."

"Well, it was apparent back then I wasn't his everything." Tine said bitterly.

"Do you hate him?"

"I can't even if I want to. Circumstances were just too much. No one was at fault but everyone was hurting." Tine said solemnly.

"What would come out of this? Meeting them?"

"I don't know. I don't understand what they are thinking either."

"It's not like we can just date now." Gulf said sadly.

"I know. There's too much history between us all to just forget about the past and move on."

"Let's not think about this too much. We are having a night out tomorrow. Hitting the club and have fun."

"Sure. It's been a while since we went to club."

Next day, Tine and Gulf went to the club, 'Gemini' and were just chilling out drinking when two guys approached them.

"Hi cuties, would you mind if we join you?"

"Not at all." Gulf said.

Tine looked at him in alarm, "Gulf-"

"Let's just have fun tonight, Tine. Let's not think too much right now."

The two guys sat down and conversation flowed as they went through alcohol like water. Clarke didn't drink since he was going to drive later.

"I'm Clarke and this is my friend, Tyler."

"I'm Gulf and this is my friend, Tine." Gulf chirped.

"Nice to meet you both. So boys night out?"

"Yeah." Tine replied.

They got talking and Tine had to admit the boys weren't bad. They were quite funny and soon they were all laughing and having fun. They got to the dance floor and danced through three songs. Clarke seemed interested in Tine while Tyler was eyeing Gulf yet both of them hadn't crossed any lines and were being respectful.

"We should go now, Gulf." Tine said.

"Can't we stay a little longer?"

"No, it's already 2 am. It'll take almost an hour to reach home."

Gulf sulked, "Okay."

"You guys are leaving?" Clarke asked.

"Yeah."

"Can't you guys stay a bit longer?"

"No. We have work tomorrow."

"How are you going back?"

"We'll call cab." Gulf said.

"Don't worry we'll drop you off."

Tine refused, "It's fine. We can go on our own."

"I would be worried if I let you both leave like this."

Tyler chimed in, "Clarke can drive us. He didn't drink."

Tine and Gulf looked at each other. They didn't want to go with strangers. It would be a stupid thing to do. They searched for cab but couldn't find any available.

"Tine, don't be stubborn. It's already so late."

"It would be an inconvenience to you."

"Don't worry, Tine." Clarke smiled.

They all got in the car and Clarke drove off. Tine gave them their address. They were talking about this and that when Tine noticed Clarke wasn't taking them to their house. He could feel dread settling in. He looked at Gulf and from his expression it was obvious he had noticed too. They decided to act oblivious. Tine sneakily texted Wat about their location and asked for help. He would think about consequences later, right now he just wanted to get out of here with Gulf safely.