Shy

Next morning things were bit tense in the household. The serious atmosphere coupled with glaring eyes and foul mood just added to the growing tension. Morning had started pretty normally. Wat was cooking breakfast when Tine came downstairs after freshening up. The calm atmosphere was pierced by loud scream followed by a loud thud. Wat and Tine looked at each other in concern and ran upstairs to see what had happened. Gulf was on the floor covering his eyes while Mew stood there with only towel covering him. Tine immediately went in defensive mode.

"What happened? Gulf, are you okay?"

Gulf hugged Tine and hid his face mumbling something.

"Gulf, louder. Can't hear you."

"He's naked."

"That I can see but why did you shout?"

Gulf still had his eyes closed. Wat turned to Mew and told him to get dressed. Now they were sitting in the living room with everyone fully dressed.

"Gulf, will you tell me now what's wrong?"

"He was naked."

"I had just come out of shower." Mew meekly defended himself.

Tine grasped Gulf's face and made him look in the eye, "Did he do something?"

Mew snorted a bit offended, "I would never-"

"I wasn't asking you."

Gulf bit his lips, "No, he didn't."

"Why did you go to his room? He's not technically at fault here, you know that right?" Tine said gently.

"Yes."

"So why did you scream? Were you afraid?"

"No." Gulf's cheeks went bright shade of red.

"Then?"

"It's nothing."

"Gulf, I have told you to not bottle up your feelings. Tell me what went through your mind."

Gulf was biting his lips, "Um.... I....." He mumbled last part so faintly they couldn't make out anything.

"Louder."

"He looked so hot." Gulf hid his face in Tine's chest in embarrassment.

"What?"

"Those hard muscles, water droplets gliding on the skin, wet hair falling in his face, those nipples-"

Tine clamped a hand over Gulf's mouth, "That's enough. We got the point."

Mew was smiling like a cat that got the milk, "Babe, it's nothing to be shy about. You can admire me all you want."

Tine shook his head at the boy in his arms, "You screamed because you find him hot? Seriously?"

Gulf pouted, "It was sensory overload. I was shy."

Mew perked up at those words, "I can show you what actually sensory overload feels like. You would be doing more than just screaming."

Wat and Tine shot him a dirty look. Gulf blushed more if that was even possible.

Mew looked at Tine with serious expression, "Tine can you not hug my boy so much?"

"What? Your boy? When did that happen?" Tine retorted.

"Will happen soon but I don't like how Gulf is almost sitting in your lap." Mew whined.

Tine scoffed, "Like I care. He's my best friend so I'll hug him all I want."

"I like Tine's hugs. They're warm." Gulf said.

Mew looked at Wat for help but he just shook his head, "Don't be so possessive. Friends hug."

"We don't."

"We aren't touchy kinda people."

"You aren't jealous?"

"No." Wat said as he moved over Gulf and kissed Tine on cheeks.

"Woah. PDA. Not in front of my salad." Mew exclaimed.

Gulf whined at being squished between the two while Tine was shocked. Wat went back to kitchen nd resumed cooking. Breakfast went pretty well considering Mew was flirting with Gulf not so subtly while Tine kept glaring at Wat as he tried to feed him but no plates were thrown around so everything ended smoothly.

"We'll be leaving now."

"NO." Wat and Mew shouted at once.

Tine raised an eyebrow at them, "You're talking as if you've any say in it."

"What if those men come after you?"

"We'll manage."

"Tine-"

"What do you want us to do? We can't stay here forever." Tine asked in exasperation.

"I wouldn't mind."

"Wat, I'm serious."

"So am I. We're dealing with them so just few more days."

"But-"

"No buts. We will drop you at the bakery and pick you up in the evening. You can get your stuff from home. I can't leave you alone. It's not safe." Wat said.

"..... "

"Tine please."

Tine looked at Gulf who still had bruises marring his features. It would be a lie if he said he wasn't scared. He knew men like that didn't back away easily and targeting them again wouldn't be that difficult. People loved to retaliate when their ego was hurt. It would be safe to be here with Wat and Mew by their side. After the talk they had yesterday, Tine knew he could trust them but what would that mean for their future. Did they even have one together? Maybe he could worry about that later. Right now he just wanted to feel safe without worrying someone is gonna attack him at any given moment. Once this all was over he could worry about their relationship.

"Okay. Gulf, it's fine with you?"

"Yes."

Wat and Mew dropped them at the bakery, while Mew left for work, Wat took a seat by window and ordered a coffee.

"Why are you sitting here?" Tine asked him.

"I'm doing work."

"Here?"

"Yeah."

"But-"

"Tine, I just have to work on manuscript. I can do that from anywhere so don't worry too much and get back to work."

Tine was apprehensive but decided to do as said. Day went by quickly, not hectic like other days. Tine kept stealing glances at Wat who was engrossed in his laptop. He had changed in past five years. He didn't look like a kid anymore, he looked like a man. His features had sharpened over time giving him an intimidating look but they all cleared when he smiled. He looked quite boyish when he smiled. His hair had grown a bit, Tine really wanted to run his hand through them, feel their softness. The furrow between his eyebrows as he concentrated on his work made him want to smooth them with a kiss.