Cakes and Pastries

Mew had talked to his former gang members and they had agreed to help them. Wat's father had pulled some connections and few articles did get published questioning Brett's illegal activities but these were still not enough to cause a stir. At first Wat was against Mew's idea of breaking in Brett's house but eventually he found no other way. Mew had few members of the gang infiltrate Brett's mansion and get any information they can. Tine was watching a k-drama while Wat played with his hair. Tine couldn't remember when was the last time he had been carefree.

This sense of peace was warm but still it scared him a bit. How would he live if this was taken away? This thought constantly plagued his mind. That's the thing with happiness, it's fleeting. Wat's fingers running through his hair brought him out of his reverie. Maybe he should try trusting for once. It may end up differently. If it's going to end anyway then why not enjoy it till it lasts? If he's going to lose this all someday, then he should at least have as much fun as he can. Shouldn't he cherish this feeling for as long as he can? So that he won't have any regrets when he's thrust back into that hell.

Tine got up and ran to Wat's study room. Wat was startled when Tine ran away like that.

"Tine? What happened?"

He saw Tine come back with a notepad and pen. He sat down beside Wat and started jotting down on the paper.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm making the list."

"Of what?"

"Things I have always wanted to do."

Wat smiled fondly at the boy who was doing his best to cope up with everything. His heart felt overwhelmed with emotions for Tine, he wanted to hug him and never let go. He settled for patting him on head.

"So what do you want to do first?"

"Baking."

"Baking?"

"Yes, I've always wanted to bake. Can we?"

"Of course we can bub. You don't have to ask. I'll ask housekeeper to get all the stuff. We'll bake in afternoon."

For the first time in what felt like forever, Tine smiled at Wat, a genuine smile and never had Wat felt such urge to kiss someone before. Wat quickly stood up and paced around the hall.

"What happened?" Tine asked confusedly.

"Nothing. You're just too cute. It's not fair." Wat whined cutely.

Tine blushed a pretty shade of red. He wasn't used to compliments yet but Wat made sure he got daily dose of it.

"Is my Tine blushing?"

"N-No. I'm not yours."

"Do you want to be?"

"Huh?" Tine was caught off gaurd at such question.

Wat laughed at Tine's expression, "You're just too adorable. I feel like eating you up."

"That sounds morbid." He said.

"I don't mean in cannibalistic way."

"That sounds gross."

"Ugh, Tine. You don't let me flirt."

"You aren't very good at it."

"Excuse me? I'm not good at flirting? Me? Are you serious? Do you've any idea how many boys and girls had been after me?"

"That's because of your face. I'm sure they backed off when you started talking."

"I've never been insulted like this before."

"I'm not insulting you. It's the truth. Your pick up lines are cheesy and cringey."

"Yet you blush like that." Wat teased.

"I don't." Tine huffed.

"Tine."

"Yes?"

"Can I kiss you?"

"W-What? That's so sudden." Tine couldn't help turning crimson at Wat's straightforwardness.

"Just once."

"Okay." Tine blurted out without thinking.

Wat pulled him closer and Tine subconsciously closed his eyes. Wat cupped his face and placed a small kiss on Tine's forehead. Tine opened his eyes in surprise, he hadn't expected that.

"I'm really glad I met you, Tine. You've no idea how happy that makes me."

Tine buried his face in Wat's chest and wrapped his arms around him. Why couldn't he stop blushing? In the afternoon, everyone assembled in the kitchen with all the baking ingredients on the platform. Tine and Gulf were really excited. Mew had tried to stop Gulf since his hand hadn't healed but the boy was stubborn.

"I won't do much." Gulf argued.

"Why don't you sit and watch?"

"That won't be fun."

"You can back when your hand has healed."

"It'll take lot of time. I want to bake now."

"Then why did you even do it-"

"Tine, Mew is being mean to me." Gulf whined.

Tine glared at Mew, "Can you let him do what he wants?"

Mew was staring wide eyes at the sudden change in atmosphere between Gulf and Tine, "What did I do?"

"You're being mean to Gulfie."

"GULFIE? Wat, are you hearing the same thing as me? Did I come to a parallel universe?"

Tine rolled his eyes, "Stop being dramatic, Mew. Gulf and I have talked about everything and we are friends now."

"Well, I'm glad but Gulf is not baking."

"You're annoying." Gulf pouted.

"I'm saying that for your own good."

"You know what'll be good? Letting me bake. I'm good at it."

"You could burn yourself." Mew tried again.

"I'm not a kid and I've baked before."

"Still not baking."

"Where's the knife?" Gulf asked.

"Why? What will you do with it?" Mew asked frantically.

"I'm going to stab you."

Mew stared at Gulf for few seconds, "My baby is becoming savage by staying with Tine. Wat, keep your man away from my innocent little bun."

Wat rolled his eyes at the melodrama, "Guys, we will never get anything done this way. Mew, let Gulf bake. You can help him so he doesn't get hurt."

"But-" Mew looked at puppy eyes Gulf was giving him and melted, "Okay fine. If you get hurt, I'm spanking you."

They finally started baking. The kitchen was filled with lots of laughter and giggles as these four men played around and had fun. The carefree and heartfelt smiles on their faces along with a bit of flour was a beautiful sight. Wat and Mew watched Tine and Gulf laugh without a care and realized maybe this is how they would've been had they not been gone through such events. Maybe they would have been more beautiful than now or maybe not, but at this very moment they looked the happiest they ever have and that was most beautiful thing they had ever seen.