16. 🎶BANJAARA🎶

ROSHAN'S POV

Someone is really trying to prove a point by avoiding my calls and messages.

----------

Sweetheart

Yesterday, 11:49 PM

Just so you know, this will be the first and last time I am letting you run away from me, my lioness.

Today, 1:18 AM

I get it. You think we have nothing to do with each other now that our contract and every commitment to each other is over. But when my number flashes on your phone, I suggest YOU TAKE IT.

Today, 1:26 AM

Okay. Don't. But serious question. Did you reach home safely?

Today, 1:36 AM

Take the damn call, Annlin.

Today, 1:41 AM

Is everything alright at home? You okay, sweetheart?

Today, 8:56 AM

Ah! So we are back to "I am ignoring you, but I'm not making it obvious, am I?" I see.

----------

I glanced at the unseen messages and missed calls for one last time. It's 10:15 AM, and still no reply. NO FUCKING REPLY.

She could have texted me a 'Yes' or at least a thumbs-up emoji reaction to the third or fifth message. But NO. Little missy was hell-bent on forgetting my existence by switching off her phone.

She is okay. She is right inside her office. You made sure she reached home safely.

Of course, I did. It's not like I need Ms Annlin William to say the exact words if she reaches home without any trouble or not, anyway. I always have a way when it comes to her. And she will realise it today. That took me to where I am standing right now. I looked up at the logo of the building that stood tall in front of me.

"AS SIGNATURES"

Let me see how long you can put up with your cat-and-mouse games. Because the faster you run, the harder I chase, sweetheart.

I took out my phone, a smirk visible on my lips as I typed, "Come out". And in three, two, one- "Sweetheart" calling...

I swipe right, and before I can place it in my ears, "WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING HERE?"

She is safe.

I leaned backwards to my car's bonnet and looked up at the 5th floor to see the owner of that particular bossy voice, and sure enough, I spotted a lone figure standing inside the glasses.

"Hello to you too, little lioness."

"Don't hello me. I asked you something. What are you doing here?"

"Come here, And I might let you know."

"The answer is No."

"Come outside right now, or I will do it myself. And you know I can do that just fine. So what is it going to be?"