14. GLITTERING STARS & SPARKLING BLUES

ANNLIN'S POV

"Go on a date with me."

"Okay."

Wait, hold on.

"WHAT?"

"You heard me." He took a step forward but putting a safe distance comfortable enough for me between us. But my eyes widened as I repeated his words, and I felt my body turning cold from head to toe. Heart rate? A freaking jet.

I stood in front of him as if he was the manifestation of my nightmares. His hunter eyes darkened as he looked at me with those intense blues so mysterious and secretive. Yep! A freaking nightmare through and through, from those ocean-blue eyes that always held many emotions hidden, which are very hard to read or understand, to the commanding, husky, deep voice doing things to me that it fucking shouldn't.

'But a nightmare? You sure about that?'

I am telling you, this little traitor is the real reason behind all of my erotic thoughts about the man standing in front of me, looking like he owns the whole world in that black tuxedo. Hands shoved in his pockets, his mighty masculine composure, and that look in those intense eyes while watching me with a look that reflects what his-best friend, I presume-said earlier. Ugh! Annie, you are deflecting again. Okay, I am focused.

So, to give my subconscious credit, the traitor was right in one way or another that it wasn't really- umm- a nightmare. But hey! It wasn't a dream either, okay? And considering this whole thing of asking out going on, will anyone be so shocked when I say that I somehow saw it coming and actually from a mile away? Oh! Come on. Call it instinct or a woman's intuition, I had this weird feeling that this 'not a dream' of a day would come.

I let it loose in the beginning whenever Roshan called me with silly matters and sometimes when his assistant insisted on contacting his boss and not him. Not gonna lie. I still hate him and his minion for the appointment incident. What? It is not my fault that I hold very bad grudges. I can't help it. Maybe it runs in the family. Nope, we are not doing that. I had my fill by reminiscing my roots enough for today. So, back to the main topic.

You will eventually figure out that you are in some deep shit the minute you realise that you are turned on even by someone's voice. And the thing that pissed me off the most and made my blood cold was that somehow along the journey, I figured out that I, too, was into Roshan Davidson, like really into him. Like I wanted this to happen. It isn't just a physical attraction at this point. Roshan is one of those people who are so closed off and feels like he has mysteries tangled in themselves. And I, being myself, have always loved to play Little Mastermind since childhood.

I love challenges and treasure hunts and may want to dive into those ocean-looking eyes and drown so deep that I want to find what's in its core or maybe the Real Roshan Davidson, not the one that he shows the outside world-FYI: not that he shows so much-but the insides. I want to know if there is a hellfire, some darkest tunnels or a dangerous storm hidden inside. If anyone thinks that I need some deep therapy or some satanic rituals to cleanse my senses, you thought right. I, too, wanted to bang my head at the nearby wall or something for having those thoughts in the first place.

But even with my subconscious being a literal bitch, I still can't let him grow on me that I may have to end up cutting a part of myself to remove him from everywhere he is. Been there, done that. But in some crooked part of my mind, I wanted him to have the same effect on him that he has on me or even more. And that part is not welcomed any day and shouldn't live any longer. I kicked it back by making myself believe that I was being delusional, and he, too, also suddenly stopped the texts and calls. And that uncanny obsession of wanting to hear his voice again started to do weird things to my heart. That's why I did what I did in the past three months. 'Operation Ignorance' Sometimes, we don't want all of our delulus to be trululus, or at least that's what I thought until now. The more I pushed the urge to know Mr Mighty Zeus as a person, the more it came back like a fucking rocket.