3. FATE SEALED WITH A DEAL

"Good Morning, Mam."

I returned every good morning I received when I entered the company premises and building with only a nod. I entered my cabin and made myself comfortable. Sam came in with my regular Iced Blonde Vanilla Latte and informed me of my schedule for the day.

The schedule

*Four client meetings

*An Internal meeting with the board

*Two different places where I have to be.

Another hectic day, it seems. Ufff!

'With great success comes great responsibility.' I reminded myself and started engrossing in work. But I was interrupted by a phone call. I checked the caller ID. It was an unknown number. I swiped the caller button to the right and placed the phone to my ears.

"Good Morning, Ms William." The deep, husky voice which didn't stop lingering in my mind from the second I heard it came from the other side.

"Who is this?" I asked even when I knew whom that particular voice belonged to.

"Pretending, are we?"

"Who.is.this?" I said frustratingly.

"Roshan Davidson, this side."

"Huh! Mr Davidson, what do you want?" I asked, keeping it very professional.

"What do you have?" He said in his captivating voice.

"Seriously, Mr Davidson? You may have nothing particular there to do. But I do have a lot of things on my schedule. So find somebody who can play along with your words. I'm not the person for you. And tell me, What.do.you.want?" I said firmly, ignoring the effect the voice had on me.

"We want to work with you." Okay, this is getting better. I smirked.

"Sorry, Mr Davidson. I didn't hear you well?" Note the sarcasm.

"You heard me loud and clear." He said more in a whisper.

"So Mr Roshan Davidson now knows how to offer a deal and how it works, huh? Then how about a quarter to never," I smirked even though that 6ft grumpy creature couldn't see.

"Wednesday, 2 p.m. at Skynet, extremely confidential." He said, more like an order and cut the call.

WTF! What the actual fuck? The audacity! If he were in front of me right now, I would have slapped that fucking attitude out of him. I cooled myself and dialled his number back. He took the call on the second ring, and I started without giving him time for anything. "Let me get one thing straight to you. I'm NOT one of those people you think you can order around just like that. Keep that in your grumpy little brain of yours. So, the permission is denied. And, go, find someone else who will dance along your Been."

"So feisty." He said when I was about to cut the call. "Wait, how about you suggest a time? Is that fine to give us a chance?"

Wait, What? Is he real? "Then this Saturday, 2 p.m. at Skynet." I thought for a second and ordered. I am not like him. And our company doesn't work like his. Above all, I don't disrespect my work. I love working on as many projects as I get. Let me hear the deal first. Then I will decide. After a weird silence, he said, "Looking forward to it, little lioness."

Is this person bipolar? I'm genuinely curious. But whatever little thing this creature was, there was a smile lingering on my face till now. I don't know why it was there. Maybe because I just ordered and bossed him, and he just let me. The name he called me in the last kind of annoyed me, and I felt something all the same. Annie, there are things you need to get done. Yes, I should concentrate on that and not on someone with blue eyes.

----------

The second place I was supposed to be today was at Ms Sharma's house. And that's where I'm sitting right now. I attended all my meetings and finalised deals with three of the clients and rejected the fourth one because he tried to bribe me to hide the scam he had done in his company and solved the technical issue in the board meeting. Before getting here, I attended our HR department head, Arjun Malhothra's daughter's birthday party and without eating anything, I rushed here. Yesterday evening, when she called me and said she wanted to meet me, I got worried. Because she only calls like that when something is personal and very important. Otherwise, she would have just texted me with the matter. So I'm here. Sitting opposite on the couch is Ms Arundhati Sharma, looking all tensed and wrinkled with a wine glass on the table, which she hasn't touched yet. We are sitting like this for ten minutes, I guess.

"What happened?" I asked her after a few minutes.

"Aniket's Dad fixed his marriage with his business partner, Yash Rajvardhan's daughter, Shilpa Rajvardhan." She said with sadness in her voice.

"But he has a girlfriend, doesn't he?" Aniket Sharma, the leading singer of the country, is the most sunshiny and goofiest person I've ever met. Being two years younger than me, he filled the void of my long-lost want to have a sibling. He was entirely committed to two things: his singing career and his long-distance girlfriend, Evelyn Clark.

"You know Reyansh Sharma. He cares only about his business and money. He doesn't give a damn about anything other than that, not even his son's feelings. And Aniket doesn't want a marriage now, and when he does, he said he will only marry his girlfriend." Mr Reyansh Sharma is the typical example of an Indian patriarchal businessman. Ms Sharma was there with him when he had nothing, and when he got everything, he dumped her and cheated on her with his secretary. And I hate him. I hate him for all the emotional and physical abuse he gave to her. And I fucking hate when married people cheat on their partner. She would've kept tolerating his abuses if she hadn't caught them at their company's success party with her own hands.

Ms Sharma loved both his sons equally. Adithya Sharma, the eldest and heir of his dad's business, handled the exporting business line of the Sharma Group. Both the boys loved their mom unconditionally and stood for her in front of their father every time. But deep down, they still love their father and want him to change. Their father gave them the perfect life he never got. He still does all the dirty tricks just for his children. But in the process of giving everything to his children, he broke the one person whose world was him.

Such was the curse of children who were fated to witness their mom and dad drift apart. And I was one of the cursed, too.

"We will handle the situation," I said, coming to her side of the couch, took her hand and affirmed. I dialled the head of my PR team, Benjamin Smith and asked him to collect all the information on Shilpa Rajvardhan.

I can see the tears filling her eyes as she hugged me. I won't let Aniket be the victim in the war of the ego and greed of a father.