7. AN INTRUDER IN EYE GAME?

"Good Morning Mam." Sam came with my regular latte and informed me about today's schedule. Unfortunately, it is the day I have a meeting with a particular blue-eyed living thing. Ugh! Why the hell am I feeling nervous? Well, I agreed to this day because, on Wednesday, I was busy teaching a spoiled brat its place. It was worth watching the mask Shilpa Rajvardhan wears on social media fall the moment I turned the table. Honestly, I wouldn't have gone to that extent if her beast of a father hadn't threatened Ms Sharma for opposing the wedding. Don't even think about hurting the people I love because I cannot even measure the lengths I will go to destroy you.

"Mam, there is a news." I nodded to her to go ahead and tell me whatever she was saying while I drank my coffee.

"The CEO of Singhania Industries, Mr Rishi Singhania, was found dead in his farmhouse yesterday." What? We had a meeting with him a few days ago, right? He seemed fit and fetish when he threatened me that he would make me regret when I rejected his deal when he tried to bribe me. Then suddenly, what happened?

"What's the cause of death?"

"Mam, it's a murder. Headlines are saying that he has been brutally tortured for at least two to three days."

I stilled for a second when Sam explained everything. The scumbag had done so many scams in his company. Maybe one of his shareholders must have done that. That is how this industry works. But why does my instinct say that this is something personal? Does he have anything to do with the attack the other day? What if the other group killed him? Ugh! Stop Annie. You are overthinking it. Why would someone do that if they intend to kill me in the first place? Even if they just came to save me, which is impossible, why would they go to this extent? Whatever. May his soul rot in hell for all I care. I ignored all the illogical possibilities and stood up from my chair to wear my coat.

"Sam, be here. Call me if anything important comes up. I am leaving for the meeting with Mr Davidson." I have more important things to worry about. "And inform my good-for-nothing bodyguard not to follow me."

"Mam, but Mr William..." I cut her off with a glare. Mr Mikael William, a.k.a. my father, appointed Mr Gabriel Vincent, one of his followers in his political career, as my bodyguard when I officially moved out and started living alone a few years ago. But as I said, I don't need anyone to follow me around. Sometimes, I feel bad for him as he is obliged to do this job. Tch! But it's good, though. As long as he won't interrupt me unnecessarily in my way and I let him brag in front of my father about how much he protects me. It's a win-win. I can defend myself, and I always have. The boxing classes I take are not for nothing.

**********

Skynet is one of the conference halls in the city, where confidential meetings between reputed companies, business galas and other events happen. So, I'm here for the, somebody said, and I quote, 'highly confidential' meeting with the person who gets on my nerves every time we collide. He better not piss me off today, or I'll poke that rare eyes with my fingers. I parked the car and entered the building.

After waiting in the meeting room for a few minutes, I heard the creaking sound of the door. I turned back, and my heart stuttered. There, standing at the doorway, Mr Roshan Davidson in a navy tuxedo without a tie. The top two buttons of his white shirt are open, and a chain hangs around his neck, doing all the justice to the looks ('and her view' - author's note). There is this single strand of his black hair falling to his left eye, making him look like the cunning villain of a dark romance movie. And I'm telling you, it is not helping the situation at all, and then our eyes collide.

'Ocean blue eyes looking in mine

I feel like I might sink and drown and die.'