Preface

"Love is the thing they both hated the most. He despised love because of the sacrifices it demanded. She loathed love because of the scars it caused. But is love something that should be so pure and unconditional? Or is it just a facade tool poets use to create illusions of the connection between human beings? But the traumas past left in both of them took away parts of themselves which they cherished the most, all in the name of love. The thing they both don't know is that the love they experienced in the past was never really the love writers preached about. When life crosses their paths most unexpectedly, will they ever be able to find that kind of connection in each other? Or will it reopen the same old wounds and bleed them again in the worst way possible? With the secrets yet to be unravel, will they ever be able to find what unconditional love is? Are they the two halves of a whole when put together?"

**********

**********

She tightened her grip on the bouquet of roses, the one which HE gave her. She couldn't bring herself to throw it away. So she told him to take back what was his. He smiled and took HER HAND that held the roses instead. "Does my heart also belong to HIM? Will he ever be able to take my heart away?" She thought.

**********