1. REPUTATION

Headlines:

FORBES OF INDIA PUBLISHED THE TOP 10 ENTREPRENEURS IN THE COUNTRY. THE PROMINENT NAME ON THE LIST IS THE TOP AND YOUNGEST FEMALE ENTREPRENEUR, MS. ANNLIN WILLIAM, THE CEO OF 'AS SIGNATURES', ONE OF THE LEADING CHARTERED ACCOUNTANCY FIRM OF INDIA. LEARN MORE

I stared at the screen for too long than usual. A self-satisfactory smirk was making its way to my face.

"Congragulations Mam." Samaira's voice came from the other side of my desk. Samaira Khan, a loyal, mature, responsible 30-year-old married woman and a mother, has been my secretary since I started this company. She stayed longer in my life than any of my friends ever had. I could say from her eyes that she was happy and proud. As much as I worked for this success, her efforts were none less.

"Thank you, Sam. Congratulations to you, too. Our team's hard work paid off." Her eyes glittered with so many emotions. "Announce the success party. Saturday Evening. Invite our clients, employees, and the companies who don't want to see us where we are now." Always keep your foes closer than your friends. Of course!

"Thank you, Mam. Will do. Anything else?"

"Nothing in particular. Arrange the cake and all other setups." She nodded and left after congratulating me once more.

.....

After cake cutting and celebrating our success with everyone in the company, I returned to my cabin. I leaned back on my chair and thought of the struggles and hardships to reach this much. 'I am proud of myself' would be an understatement for the emotions I am feeling right now. I closed my eyes to fully feel and enjoy each emotion I was going through at that moment. Moist started coating the back of my eyes. A knock on the door brought me back to the present. I slowly straightened myself and pushed the tears that had been fighting for a release for too long.

"Mam, You have a visitor," Sam informed.

"Who?"

"The assistant of the CEO of Detroit Group of Industries, one Mr. Karan Bhat."

"And the reason for the visit?"

"He said he wants to meet you to propose a deal." She tensed.

"Does he have an appointment?" I don't remember one on my schedule for the day.

"No, Mam." She flinched.

"Then ask him to take a damn one," I ordered.

"Okay..., Mam." She nodded and left with a slight fear on her face.

The fear wasn't the slight one on her face when she told me that the visitor didn't have an appointment. It was way higher than that. I opened the laptop and gazed at the cameras. A man in his thirties was sitting in the visitor's room in a black shirt tucked in his grey pants, paired with a white tie. Sam slowly approached and told him what I said to her. Then the man slowly stood up and told her something and left. Hmm, Now I should have a word with Sam again, I guess. I opened the internet and started searching Detroit Group of Industries. I have heard about them. They are one of those multinational companies quartered in New York owned by a powerful Indian business family, The Davidson family. They had business in almost every field and are one of the sturdy Indian corporates who could make a crucial impact in India without any effort. The screen lit up with family photographs, articles, news and videos. My eyes went to a picture of a certain someone, looking majestic as hell in a black tuxedo.

ROSHAN DAVIDSON,CEO OF DETROIT, India.

(THE ZEUS OF INDIAN BUSINESS)

Fuck the Greek gods. He can really give tough competition to Henry Cavill. Yeah. Well. I mean, by looks, he looks like a 21st-century Greek god for real. But something was in his eyes. That's the fucking most rarest dark blue eyes I have seen in this country. It appeared like he was watching right through the screen. The articles also indicated the same.

"In the darkest shade of blue eyes, there is a hurricane that would wreak havoc upon everybody who came along its way."

I dig deep to know more about that ocean. My eyes get stuck on their family photograph. A man in his late fifties sat on the left side of the couch, Mr Charles Davidson, and to his left, there was an equally gorgeous woman in a saree looking maybe in her mid-fifties, Mrs Esther Davidson. In her lap, a cute little toddler dressed like a princess with beautiful baby blue eyes, Abella Davidson. And in the arms of her side of the couch, a man looking similar to the former man but in his thirties, Mr Ray Davidson, with a lady in her late twenties also in a saree, Aleesha Davidson, wrapping arms around his neck. The lady was really very pretty. And to the other side of the arm of the couch, Mr Roshan Davidson. Now I get where the Greek god reference came from. The genes are way too strong, especially the eyes. The men were all in black, while the women wore red. The picture screamed power, majesticity, and, above all, love. My heart sank for a moment. But I ignored and searched more about them than just names and photographs.

After a long research, the reports and articles all indicated one thing. The power the particular family has in the country is way stronger than the public knows. Mr Ray Davidson handled the overseas along with his wife, Aleesha Davidson. Mr Charles Davidson took care of the other aspects of their power in the country, other than the financial level. Mr Roshan Davidson is solely responsible for their business in India. They grew wider in every aspect of the economy in this country after he took the CEO position, and they are now the leading business group in Asia. He is named Zeus for a reason, it seems.

'His lightning causes fear in all

Men gather whenever he calls.'

I took my phone and dialled Sam. She took the call on the second ring. Good. Because I only call when something is urgent.

"Yes, Mam?" She said weakly.

"In my cabin. Now." I cut the call.

She knocked on the door after a few seconds.

"Come in." I asked her after a long pause, "What did that person tell you, Sam?"

"M..am, about that.."

"What.is.it?"

"I told him that he doesn't have an appointment, so he can't see you." She paused for a second.

...

"Inform your CEO, Mam, that words like appointments are not in our dictionary. Our names are enough to make CEOs like her queue up in a line, begging us to choose them for our work. I guess she doesn't have enough knowledge about us. Tell her to do a little background check about the Davidson Business Group, especially the CEO. Then I'm sure she herself will come to us asking for forgiveness."

...

What the fuck. How dare he? What does he and his mighty CEO think of themselves? They may be the majestic tycoons who could rule the country if they wanted to and might get anyone at their service at a snap of fingers. But they really think every person works the same way. I guess they didn't see the real people yet. They don't know about Annlin William yet. Don't worry, Mr mighty CEO, I am very good at teaching.

After a long silence, "Invite their company to the party," Her eyes widened a little when I said it out of nowhere.

"Okay, Mam." She was scared.

Don't Worry, Sam. Let them come. I would make the mighty CEO a hell of a feast. They want to work with us, right? Then, we will show them why other companies desperately want to work with AS Signatures.