12. THE FAILED MISSION(S)

ANNLIN'S POV

Am I falling for this guy?

God, no, no. At least not yet. But, also, 'I am attracted to this grumpy man' would be the best understatement of this year. Those blue eyes can fucking steal hearts everywhere he goes. My fingers traced the strand of his sleek black hair through the screen. How can someone be so fucking majestic in just a black suit? And, god, that freaking chain that hangs on his bare chest, visible through that half-unbuttoned white shirt, makes it so damn attractive. Wait, am I being a simp? Eww! Forget I just said that, okay? It was just one of the rare photos he posts showing his face. And don't ask me where did I get those photos. Ugh! Okaaay, I stalked him. But dude, that living thing's fan accounts are filled with thirst trap edits and seductive comments. Pfft! That mandatory eye roll.

'Someone is jealous.'

Oh! You are alive-Wait. What did you just said? I, and jealous? I, as in me? Not a fucking chance.

But then it hit me.

Wasn't I?

Holy shit! No, no, no.

Wait, what if I actually end up falling for him one day?

What if he takes advantage of my feelings then?

What if history repeats?

Absolutely fucking not. I already lost two years of my life because of a scumbag once. Not any more will I let that happen again. Yeah, I need to put an end to my storming mind. So it's decided. I will keep everything between Mr Roshan Davidson professional till the project ends. And then I will be what I was before he came along, happily single, literally and figuratively. With that, I dropped the phone and slept. And that was all that happened Saturday night after I texted him. And yesterday, I visited Dad and Mom. Let's focus on that later.

So, back to the main topic. Yes, we decided to take Detroit's project. Speaking of which, we informed them, we, as in Sam, informed his assistant. I had this weird urge to call Mr Davidson and tell him myself. Since we are on a mission called Operation Ignorance, I fucking kicked it back. So here I am in my cabin, going through the details of his company's issue, with a banging headache. It's just another bad day, I guess. The days where the fighter in me takes a sick leave, abandoning me with the demons that dance in my head rent-free. Or maybe because it's a Monday.

*Knock, knock*

"Come in."

"Mam." I looked up at Sam and saw the most worried expression on her.

"What happened?" I asked, placing the file back on the table.

"Mam... There is a news."

"Which is?"

She took the remote from the table and switched on the cabin TV. Okay, what the fuck is going on? And then the news flashed, making me stumble in my seat.

A scam has occurred in Detroit, India.

The culprit is one from the inside itself.

The staff and management are on high alert.

Is this the start of the downfall of the reputation of the top multinational company in the country?

The headlines flashed one after the other, and I stood there dumbfounded.

What the fuck? What the actual fuck? They had the news under wraps, right? Then who the hell dared to leak this? The only person who knows outside of their management is... us. Fuck. They will mistake us for it, won't they? I can't even blame them if they do. If the roles ever switched, our first conclusion would be the same. No, I don't play dirty when it comes to my work. Hell, even I was personally handling the issue, not letting even Sam into the details. I don't dare to violate our client's privacy.