Chapter 106

Amelia rushed home later that evening after she had a cup of coffee. She led Cowboy down the drive and tethered him at the hitching post in front of the house. Arthur and Erika were sitting on the porch. Erika had a cup of warm tea in her hand while Arthur was drinking a cup of coffee. He had been doing so since Nick went to bed an hour ago.

She walked up the steps and sat down on the top of the stairs. She heard Arthur stand up and looked over as he sat down next to her. He took in a deep breath and looked down at her.

"Feeling better?" He asked softly.

She nodded. "Yeah," she cleared her throat, "I maybe sort of destroyed the Marston's kitchen and then took a walk with John." She laughed.

Arthur chuckled lightly. "I'm just glad you're home safe." He laid his head on her shoulder.

Amelia laid her head on top of his. "Me too."

——————————————————————————

Arthur climbed into bed next to Amelia after he had dressed himself in more comfortable clothes. He climbed in behind her and wrapped his arm tightly around her waist. He kissed her shoulder and looked down at her. He sat up and leaned one of his arms across her body.

"You okay?" He asked quietly.

She nodded. "Just thinking."

"About what?"

She tilted her head to look up at him. "So many questions." She said with a smile.

"Well," he began with a chuckle, "I'm sorry, Mrs. Morgan."

"Forgiven, Mr. Morgan." She laughed as he leaned down and kissed her lips. "But, if you must know, I'm thinking about when I ran into you again eighteen years ago."

Arthur cocked his head slightly. "What brought those thoughts up?"

She shrugged. "I ain't so sure," she cleared her throat, "before we made this life for ourselves, I always said I was too old for kids. Never really had that chance of finding the right person to settle down with." She paused, looking away from him. "But now, I see this life we made together, our two beautiful children, it makes me wonder how I, how we, got to be so lucky."

Arthur smiled and kissed her shoulder again. "I must say, we sure do make some beautiful kids."

Amelia smiled. "That we do," she looked up at him, "we really do."

"But we have you for that part." He said with a chuckle.

"Oh, our very handsome son don't get his looks from me." She sat up and leaned her arms on her knees, staring at him. "I believe he has gotten his looks from his father, in that sense."

"Well, for one," Arthur ran a finger through her hair, "I don't have blonde hair," he touched her nose, "or bright blue eyes."

"But you do have strong cheekbones, broad shoulders, deep sunken eyes, the cutest nose, and straight teeth." Amelia smiled. "Our son is a spitting image of you."

"So is our daughter," Arthur cocked his head, "minus the hair and eye color."

Amelia nodded and laughed. "She doesn't have my hair color, or my eyes."