Chapter 44

Arthur woke up in the morning with Amelia cuddled up next to him. He looked down at her peacefully asleep before letting out a breath and staring up at the ceiling. He slowly shifted, careful not to wake her and stood from the bed. Just as he was about to walk out, he heard her move. He glanced back and saw her lazily looking at him.

He chuckled as he walked over to her. "I didn't wanna wake ya." He said as he sat down in front of her on the bed. "Sorry."

"It's okay," she yawned and sat up a little bit, "where are you goin?"

"Just about to go get a cup of coffee," he reached up and pushed her hair behind her ear, "you want a cup?"

She nodded and smiled. "Please."

"Course," he leaned down and planted a kiss on the top of her head. He stood and made his way downstairs. Amelia stretched before standing from her bed. She dressed in her normal attire, which was ranch pants and a blouse. She pulled on a dark green one and rolled the sleeves to her elbows. She brushed out her curls just as Arthur returned with two cups of coffee.

She smiled as she took it. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," he sat down next to her, "you think of a name for that horse yet?"

She shook her head. "Not yet," she took a sip, "well, maybe."

Arthur looked over at her after he took a sip.

"Amberley?" She said, setting her cup down.

Arthur hummed. "I like it."

Amelia smiled.

"You got a thing for names starting with 'A' don't ya?" He said with a chuckle.

Amelia snorted. "Shut up."

"Let me see, Astrid, me, Amberley," he chuckled as she stood, "anything I'm missin here?"

"Pierścień," Amelia mumbled.

Arthur looked up at her. "That don't start with an 'A' darlin."

"It means ring in Polish," she muttered, walking towards the door.

Arthur sat dumbfounded before quickly standing and booking it towards her. He grabbed her wrist. "What the hell you mean, ring?"

Amelia chuckled and shook her head. "Nothin-"

Arthur raised her chin, forcing her to look at him. "Don't try that," he growled, "you meant somethin, otherwise you wouldn't have said it."

Amelia raised her eyebrow. "You angry over me mentioning somethin?"

"What?" Arthur stared down at her. "What the hell makes you think I'm angry?"

"You got that tone in your voice," she began, "and your eyes."

Arthur groaned as he pressed the bridge of his nose. "I ain't angry, Amelia, just," he brought his hand away, "surprised."

Amelia smiled. "I didn't mean anything by it, Arthur."

"You're doin it again."

"Doin what?"

"Acting like you didn't mean anything by it."

Amelia shook her head. "You're a dumbass." She chuckled before walking out the door.

"Wha-" he chased after her. "Amelia!"

"Are we goin to that horse fence fella or not?" She said as she walked down the steps.

"Amelia!" He jogged down and stopped her. "What the hell?"