Chapter Twelve

Jax is in the corner booth playing his favorite game, Sabaac –he is a champion after all– which is how I found him all those years ago. I chuckle to myself as I watch something shimmer beneath the table between his legs. I gave him the night off and he is putting it, I mean- her to good use.

Even from my vantage point, his rings glint in the reflection of the strobe lights as he tucks a loose strand of his brunette locks behind his ear, a nervous tick, before clenching it into an angry fist at his side. His jaw clenches tight as his nostrils flare with a deep inhale, and with a flash his shoulders tense when his eyes meet mine for the briefest moment when he comes into her mouth. He knows I'm up here watching, a small smirk curls his lips when he lays down his cards in victory, the table erupts around him and he just sits there still as stone as she continues to choke on his cock.

Lucky bastard indeed.

I take another sip of the Corellian whiskey Lord Cyrus gifted me as I scan the floor once again. Was it a peace offering after I threatened his life for questioning my obedience, possibly? Did it taste damn good? Yes, yes it did. The caramelized heat slides down my throat, when I catch Nash's metal arm, refract a kaleidoscope of light. Somehow he's sandwiched between two large Twi'leks; a male and female, who tower over him. They're a tangle of limbs, clutching and grinding at each other, pulling in closer as the tempo quickens, and in no time are swallowed by the crowd on the dancefloor.

Knock. Knock.

"Sir," Nashira's voice sounds from the other side of the door. "I'm here with-"

"Come in."

The air shifts instantly when the senator's daughter walks in and our eyes meet. This time she doesn't look away, she doesn't shy away from me, rather she demands my attention.

"Thank you, you are dismissed." My eyes don't leave hers, the closing of the door is the only confirmation I need to know that Nashira obeyed.

Click.

In two long strides, I close the distance between us, crashing my lips onto hers. I suck in a breath when her hands slide up my chest and wrap around my neck. She smells sweet like the blossoming flowers in the Walking Gardens on the surface of the planet. She whines when I spear her lips apart with my tongue, devouring her taste and each sound she makes. It doesn't take long for my dick to twitch against my trousers as the desperate need to pound her into oblivion over my desk threatens to spill over, but I restrain myself- for the first time ever in my life- when I pull off her lips with a pop.

"Go have fun," I say between pecks on her cheek. "I'll be down after I finish up some work." She giggles when I brush my thumb over her bottom lip.

"Ok, Zebby." She winks at me, leaving me breathless.

Zebby.