Chapter 33: Theo

I kissed Ella three days ago and now she seems to be ignoring me.

What did I do?

I drop my lunch on the table, my friends are sitting at, "Will someone tell me, why the hell, Ella is ignoring me!"

"What!?" she told me after the..." Chase stops talking when I give him a deathly glare.

"I'll go and talk to her," Chase moves, my death glare goes with him as he walks to the table Emma, Ella, Dylan, and Refeal are at. Cam had just gotten up and left before Chase could get to the table. I always had found Cam suspicious, but everyone told me I am being paranoid.

They laugh, talk, point their fingers and their hands move around while Chase approaches them.

Chase stands behind Rafeal, who is across Ella.

He starts speaking. They all laugh! Ella makes eye contact with me before she looks at Chase and mumbles words. Words I can not mouth read.

There is a hint of pain in her eyes. It's small but if you look closer you can see the sombreness in her eyes, The second her mask fell, and she re-composes herself. The fake smile she has painted on her face. She appears delicate- something s worrying, bothering, or tormenting her.

After a while, Chase comes back, "You need to give her space... she asked for space."

"What, why?" my mouth moves on its own accords.

"Think about it man," Turn pitches in, turns his body to me.

I need to show her I have changed; I am different. I need to talk to her and explain I was acting the way I was because I had no idea why she made me feel the things she did. I have no idea she was my mate and the emotions, feelings, and heightened senses were because I care for her- my heart knew it, but my brain didn't want to accept it until I got the answer. I need to tell her she is the next Luna. What if she thinks-

"Is she overthinking?" the question comes out without me even thinking.

Chase takes a deep breath in, "I think she is, but you have to respect her and her decision to have a healthy relationship. For now, you need to give her space."

"Okay," I grit my teeth and look at her- Ella and Emma are sharing lunch.

"Don't torture yourself," Nathan picks up the book in from the table and starts reading.