Chapter 32: Ella

I take a seat in class. I wonder how Leo is doing, Lucas promised to watch him while I am at school. I can't wait to go home and see my furr baby.

I told Emma, earlier I need some space from Theo.

"Hey," Theo takes a seat next to me.

"Hi," I resist the urge to look at him.

"How are you?" he questions, it aches my heart to not be able to talk to him but... he has a mate, a Luna... I can't come between them.

It hurts to be ignoring him, but it is for his own good and for his pack.

"Good, you?" I try to keep it short.

"Can we talk later?" he comes closer to me. Our bodies are inches apart.

I have to stay strong. I open my mouth.

"Stop talking," the teacher interrupts me. Thank you- I mentally thank the teacher.

I look down. Forcing myself to not look at him, to ignore his presence.

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

The bell rings. I grab my stuff and exit the classroom.

Period one, done. 7 more periods to avoid Theo. It's going to be a long day.

I think I need to forget about our kiss, forget about my emotions and focus on Leo- he depends on me for protection, food, warmth and I have to make him feel safe enough to be able to grow.

Theo can not be my focus;my puppy has to have my full focus. 

Theo will thank me one day for avoiding him, just not today.