My End of the Promise

(One Week Later)

Arthur Leywin

"How's it going?" I asked Bairon as he stood up. "Is there any way to tell if you are getting closer to integration?" He was absorbing more of the mana within the horns Veer gave us alongside Aya, she was still within the emptiness the horn brought you towards.

"No." Bairon answered me. "I have no clue if I am making progress or not, it's like I'm adding mana, but as I add mana, I sense mana leaving me, but there isn't anything leaving, the well is just bottomless."

"I'm sure with time you'll get there." I told him, assuring him that he'd get stronger eventually, it was only a matter of time before he reached the integration stage alongside the other Lances. "I'm going to head out soon, Sylvie and Tessia want to walk around Etisten together, and the doctor said it would be good for the both of them."

"Do you need me to come with?" Bairon asked, he's been protecting Tessia for me for a while now, but I'm back now, so it wasn't really needed, and I can't ask him to do anymore, he needed to focus on this.

"No, it's okay, you just stay here and continue what you are doing." I told him, then turned toward the exit. "I'll see you later." We exchanged a quick head nod as I began to leave the room, leaving the two Lances behind. 

'I wonder what'll happen when they reach integration.' Regis thought to me. 'Is there going to be an explosion, or maybe nothing, who knows, it's going to be awesome though, at least your brother did something nice after killing you.'

'Thanks, Regis, I really needed to think about that right now.' I told him, shaking my head as I left the training hall and entered the hallway. 'I'm sure it's nothing special though, but we'll see, they'll get there sooner or later.'

"Arthur!" Tessia said, walking my way with Sylvie to her side, I was surprised to see her here, I was going to meet her at the front door. She stepped up and hugged me, and as I hugged her, I gave Sylvie a confused look. "Sorry, I wanted to meet you here, we can walk together towards the main hall."

"O-okay." I said, speaking in a questionable tone as I kissed her, and we started walking together through the halls. "So, what were the two of you up to while I was gone?" I asked, looking at Tessia as I walked in between the two of them.

"We were talking about our childhood." Tessia said, looking over at Sylvie. "From what she said, you have quite the crush on me, and she said you were jealous whenever I talked to other boys our age."

"That's not true." I said, giving a confused look to Sylvie, then her. "Well, maybe a little, but you had a bigger crush on me, Tess." I think everyone knew that, she liked me way earlier than I did, at least I think so. 

"Hahhaa." We all laughed as we thought about the past, then Tessia spoke next. "How were the Lances? Did they make any progress towards integration phase yet?" I shook my head at her as we turned the corner. "They'll get there sooner or later, it'll just take time, but I'm sure you told them that yourself."

"I did." I said with a smile on my face, and as I did, a soldier came running our way, causing us to stop walking. "Great, what's going on now? Is there another council meeting I need to attend today."

"You are acting ruler of the continent right now, Arthur." Tessia told me. "The Regent as they called it, or Commander, it doesn't really matter." I shrugged, she had a point, but I was tired of attending them, this would be my fourth one of the day.