CHAPTER 22 - Late Night Talks

Late Night Talks

1989's POV

The last few days have been the best so far, better than I could've imagined. And I only now realized that I haven't told my mom yet, considering she's one of the most supportive person in my whole life. I picked up my phone from my nightstand and messaged her.

MOM🫶🏻

10:34 PM

heyy mom !! how are-
you?

-Hey, honey!

-It's been pretty busy,
sorry I can't be there

-But what about you?

I don't mind, really!-

it's been VERY good !!-
i messaged you cause I
wanted to tell you about
something !

-That's great! What is it?

Midnights and I got-
together a few days ago:)

-Awh, that's awesome! I'm
happy for you two!

thanks mom!-

-Sorry, I have to go now,
Things are quite busy in
here. I love you! Goodnight

Ok ! love you too-

I sigh as I put my phone back on my nightstand, turning off my bedside lamp. I stared into the ceiling, attempting to sleep, when suddenly, my phone starts ringing. I pick it up, checking the caller. It was Midnights. I immediently answer as I sit up on my bed. Once I answered, I saw her tired face from the other side of the screen

"Hey, babe." I hear from the tiny device.

"Hey, love." I say groggily, evident tiredness in my voice.

"Oh, sorry, did I wake you up?" She asks worriedly and I chuckle.

"No, no. It's just.. I'm sleepy but still not tired enough to go sleep." I answer and she chuckles. "Why'd you call this late? Is something wrong?" I ask tiredly, a hint of worry in my voice. Not that I mind her calling, I'm just curious.

"Uh, nothing, my dad's screaming outside, I just wanna hear your voice." She answers anxiously.

"Oh.. do you wanna talk about it?" I ask and I see her shake her head.

"No.. I just wanted to talk to you and hear you, you can talk about anything, it just calms me down." She responds, looking down.

"Uh, sure.. uhm.. I told my mom about us earlier..." I say quietly and she looks at me throigh the screen.

"Really? What'd she say? Is she not happy about it? Does she want us to break up?" She asks worriedly and I giggle at her questions.

"What? Why would you think that?
Of course not! She said she's happy for us, actually." I say cheekily and she sighs heavily.

"Sorry, you sounded a bit nervous. I thought you'd break up with me." She says honestly, looking down again.

"What? Of course not. I would never. Even if she tells me to, I wouldn't listen." I say and a slight smile crept up on her face.

"How was your day?" She suddenly brings up.

"Uhm, pretty tiring if you ask me, but still good..." I answer and she slightly nods. "What about you, are you okay?"
I ask her and she sighs.

"Hmm.. nothing special, it was just like any other day." She answers. "But it was somewhat special because I get to see you." She says and I giggle.

"You flirty girl! God knows what else you'd do." I say as I chuckle, looking down.

"Hmm.. I can definitely do a lot of other things, if you were wondering..." She teases and I turn red, realizing what she meant.

"Oh my God, Mid, stop it!" I say, uncontrollably blushing and she chuckles.

"Just some suggestions." She responds.
If I'm being honest, I've never really done it before. I'm either too scared or I just don't wanna do it. I just don't know if I'm ready for that kind of step... but it feels different now, because-

"It's so cold in here, I miss you so much." She admits, pulling me away from my thoughts. I just smile faintly, still slightly blushing, but you can see it with the lights out.

"Me too, love. I wish you were here. But you could come here tomorrow. Do brings clothes though, I'm pretty sure you still have some of my clothes." I say quietly and she chuckles.

"Will do." She affirms jokingly and I giggle at the saying. I yawn slowly, struggling to keep my eyes open, just to keep talking to her.

"You tired, babe? You can go to sleep, I really don't mind. Just don't hang up, please. I still wanna see you." She pleads and I chuckle. I put my phone next to my bed and set it up. I pull the covers over me and try to get comfortable. Once I get in position, I gleam up at her with a smile.

"Goodnight, babe. I love you." She says and I smile.

"Mhm.." I trail off quietly. "I love you too.." I say sincerely and drift off to sleep with the phone still on call.

----------------------------------------------
810 WORDS

AN:

Sorry for the short chapter! This was really rushed since I don't know if I can still update tomorrow. But I wanted to do something cute so here you go :) !!

Thanks for reading !!

-h