CHAPTER 21 - New Girl

New Girl

1989's POV

Midnights and I walked hand-in-hand on the sidewalk, on the way to school. It was pretty quiet, but the comfortable type of quiet. We did speak a few times, but none other than that. I understand though, she's not really good at conversations in the morning since she isn't a morning person.

We arrived to school and immediently spotted our friends in the hallway. We approached them and joined their conversation.

"Why do you look so happy?" Evermore asks, questioning the big smile on my face.

"What do you mean? I'm always happy." I shrug nervously.

"No, it's definitely different..." She answers.

"Yeah, something's changed..." Red affirms.

How do they already know? Am I that obvious. Midnights and I agreed to tell them at lunch, but if I'm that readable, then it will be harder to hide it.

"Uhmm, whatt, I don't know what you meannn. I'm completely normal... you guys are just delusional." I chuckle anxiously.

"Uhm, okay, if you say so." Evermore shrugs.

"Well, okayyy. C'mon Mid, we're gonna be late. Byeeeee guys." I say, dragging Midnights.

"Wha- guys, class starts in 20 minutes!" Lover shouts but we keep walking. I'm glad I'm with Midnights in our first class, it'd be embarrasing if not.

We get to the quiet classroom and quickly sat down on our usual spots.
We had a lot of time to spare, so we
just wasted it by talking. Eventually,
the teacher walks in with a girl by her side.

"Good morning class. This is the new girl. She's new and she just moved here. So I expect you all to be nice to her." The teacher explains and looks at the girl.

"Uh, hi. I'm.. TTPD, but you can call me Poets! I'm 22 years old. Uhm, I just moved here from California." She introduces herself shyly and the teacher smiles.

"You can go sit next to 1989 over there." The teacher says as she points at the empty seat next to mine. She walks to the seat and sits down, getting her books and putting it on her desk. "You guys have 10 more minutes before class." The teacher announces.

"Hi! I'm 1989, but you can call me Nine!" I introduce myself to her enthusiastically, holding my hand out to shake hers.

"Oh, uh, hi.. Poets." She says as she shakes my hand.

"You're from California, right? Where in Cali do you live?" I ask happily.

"Oh uhm, I'm from Los Angeles.." She answers and my face lights up.

"What, really?! Isn't that where Hollywood is? Have you ever met any famous people?" I ask and she chuckles.

"Yeah.. a few, but I'm not really friends with them. Just a few brief conversations. My dad is a director, so he introduced me." She explains.

"That's so cool! You're so lucky. Do you maybe wanna be friends..? Since you're new and all." I ask, smiling.

"Uh, of course!" She affirms and I smile.

"Great! You can have lunch with my friends and I later! I'm sure they'll love you." I say and she smiles for the first time.

"Uhm, thanks." She says and the bell rings, indicating the start of class.

----------------------------------------------
*Lunch*

Midnights, Poets, and I walked through the hallway, going to the cafeteria. I spot my friends at a table and I drag Midnights and Poets there.

"Hi guys! This is TTPD, but she goes as Poets, she's new here." I introduce her to my friends enthusiastically. We sit down on a spot.

"Oh my God, Poets? I haven't seen you in so long!" Folklore exclaims and Poets examines her face, attempting to recognize her.

"Folklore! It has been so long, I haven't seen you since we were teens!" Poets says and we all looked at them confusedly.

"Oh uh, sorry! This is Poets, Evermore and I's cousin! We haven't seen her since we moved." Folklore explains.

"Oh. Well, Poets, this is our friends. I'm sure you know your cousins, so I'll skip them. Over there next to Evermore is Red, she's also Eve's girlfriend. In the middle of Red and Lorie is Speak Now, they're all best friends. And that's Lover,  she's literally the definition of sweet. And that's Rep over there, complete opposite of Lover. And this is Midnights, you know her, though. And I'm pretty sure you know me so I think that's all of us." I explain, pointing to every one as I say their names.

"So.. actually, cut it out, why were you acting weird earlier?" Speak Now asks and I glance at Midnights and she quickly speaks up.

"So uhm, we have to say something.. we-" She starts but got cut off.

"ABOUT DAMN TIME!" Rep says.

"What- wait, uh, how did you know?" I ask and they all chuckle.

"C'mon, Nine, we all know she's had the biggest crush on you since forever." Lover shrugs, giggling and I turn red.

"Well, finally. Only 2 more to go.." Red says silently and Poets looks confused so I explain to her about Rep and Lover & Speak Now and Lorie.

----------------------------------------------
*After School*

The day went by fast and I said bye to all of my friends.

"Thanks for introducing me, Nine. I appreciate it." Poets exclaims as she hugs me. I see Midnights roll her eyes from the corner of my eye and I chuckle as I pull away.

I take Midnights's hand and walk with her in the streets, walking home.

"Jealous much?" I tease.

"What? Me? Jealous? Nooo. Why would I be jealous?" She scoffs and I chuckle.

"Yeah, mhm. Very believable of you. I mean, why would you not be?" I say and she rolls her eyes playfully.

"Well, me? Midnights? Jealous? You wouldn't hear that in a storyline. Ever." She says and I chuckle at the irony.

"Well.. if you're not, then I might as well hang out with Poets every day then." I tease and she scoffs.

"What?! No, don't–" She scoffs. "ugh, fine. I hate you." She says playfully.

"I love you too, baby. Bye, see you tomorrow!" I say as I peck her lips and walk to my house.

----------------------------------------------
1,027 WORDS

AN:

I actually loveeeeee this one !! By the way if there were any mistakes, please don't mind, I'm too lazy to proofread these

Thanks for reading ! Hope you enjoyed🫶🏻 !!

-h