CHAPTER 12 - Mom?

Mom?

Midnights's POV

It had been a long awkward afternoon and I mostly spent it talking with Rep since Lover and 1989 hung out the whole day.

When we decided to go, they all agreed to hang out at 1989's, except me.

"Babe, pleaseee." Lover begged, she's been trying for a while now so I groan and finally agreed to go.

"Yay! I love you." She excitedly says and kisses me while I was flushed. I could tell Rep was looking at us, annoyed, but I couldn't care less, I'm happy with Lover.

We all headed out of the mall and into 1989's car. 1989 and Lover just chatted through the drive while I just looked at both of them and Rep was on her phone, like usual.

Once we got to 1989's house, we immediently headed inside, and to our surprise, her mom was inside the leaving room, sitting on the couch.

"Mom?" 1989 asked. Her mom looked back at her and quickly stood up to hug her.

"Hi hon, I missed you!" Her mom greeted her and 1989 quickly hugged her back.

"Missed you too." 1989 said and melted into the hug. Sure, they weren't that close, but 1989 loves her mom dearly and her mom always tries to make time for her unlike her dad.

They pulled away and her mom looked at me.

"Hi Midnights." She said with a smile and hugged me, I immediently hugged her back.

"Hi Mrs. Romantics, it's nice to see you again." I greet her. I've always loved 1989's mom, she's like a mother figure to me growing up.

We pull away and she raises an eyebrow.

"Didn't you use to call me mom ever since... like 10 years ago?" She asked sarcastically and I slightly giggled.

"Sorry, I guess you've been away for a really long time, I just got used to it." I explain and she smiles.

"And these two lovely ladies are?" She asked.

"Oh uh they're 1989 and I's friends. The one o-" I quickly started but got cut off.

"Hold on, why are you full-naming her? You haven't done that for almost 10 years. And I noticed you two are very distant. Is there something wrong between you two?" She asks us and I look at 1989.

"How do you ev- It's nothing mom, we're fine, I promise." She explains to her and she just briefly looks at us then back to Lover and Rep.

"Okay, continue with the introduction." She says and smiles.

"Oh uh, The one on the right is Lover, she's my girlfriend." I say and she smiles.

"Girlfriend? Wow, I've got to say, she's very gorgeous. But if she is your girlfriend, make sure she knows how to deal with your problems." She says and Lover giggles.

"Uh the other one is Reputation, she's our friend." I say and Rep faintly smiles.

"Well, come in girls!" She said invitingly.

----------------------------------------------

1989's POV

We all sat down in our large couch. And I was scared because I knew my mom would embarrass me at some point.

"So how did you guys meet?" Mom asks.

"Uh in school! We were all in the same class at one point, including our other friends, and I guess we just started talking since that day." I explained to her.