CHAPTER 6 - Love?

Love?

Midnights's POV

I was in school, by the lockers, just hanging out with my friends, except Rep, which was weird because she never misses the chance to hang out with us. But I get it, she just went through a break up.

Suddenly the bell rang and we all rushed into our class. My first class was with Lover, which was good because I was the only one who knew and I could comfort her.

Once I reached the class, I immediently spotted Lover and I sat down next to her. I honestly don't know why Rep broke up with her, she's literally the sweetest girl there is.

When I turned to look at Lover, she looked so sad, almost like someone died. I could tell a few tears were streaming down her face, so I rubbed her back with my hand and she looked up at me and faintly smiled.

Before we could talk, the teacher had already arrived and started setting her stuff at the table.

----------------------------------------------

Time passed, and soon, it was already lunch time.

We all headed to the cafeteria and sat down at our usual spot. Rep wasn't here, again.

"Hey guys, where's Rep?" Red asks and I could see Lover wiping a tear.

"Oh uhm..." I turned and looked at Lover and she nodded. "Well, you see, uh- Rep and Lover broke up and now-"

"HOLD ON REP AND LOVER WHAT NOW?" Nine shouts worriedly.

"But why? They were so inlove." Folklore says and I sigh.

"That's what we can't figure out, she said they weren't working out, but that's impossible. Rep was way too in love to even hurt her. And now, we don't even know where she is." I explain.

"She could be at her house." Folklore says.

"I don't know why she would sulk though, isn't she the one who wanted this?" Evermore said.

"Maybe. But she loved her too much, so maybe she didn't want to do thi-"

"Can we stop talking about this topic, please?" Lover said quietly and we all looked at her and nodded. We all felt bad for her and knew she didn't deserve this.

We all ate lunch quietly.

"So Speak Now... who's-" 1989 started but was cut off by Speak Now.

"For the last time, we're not discussing about that, Nine." Speak Now sighs and Nine lets out a sarcastic groan.

Once the bell rang we all got up and headed to our next class.

----------------------------------------------

Speak Now's POV

It was the end of the school day and I was just walking down the hallway.

I felt someone creep up to me and I shrieked. When I turn around, it was just Red.

"Oh my god, Red, you scared me to death." I sigh.

"Did I? Oops, sorry." She said sarcastically. "Hey Speak Now..." She called for me and I turned my head to the side to face her.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"We're bestfriends, right?" She asks and I nod. "Bestfriends tell eachother everything, right?" She asks again.

"Alright, what's your point?" I say as I stopped walking.

"We've been bestfriends for almost our whole lives, Speak. Can you atleast tell me who you like?" She asks shyly.

I groan. "Fine, if I tell you, do you promise not to tell anybody?" I ask and she thought for a moment.

"Promise!" She says putting her right hand up and I chuckle at the gesture.

"It's Lorie." I sigh.

"O-M-G!" she shouts.

"Quiet down, will ya?" I said covering her mouth.

"This is big news!" She says whisper-shouting.

"Calm down, it's not like I want to marry her or something." I say.

"This is basically what a crush means! How long have you liked her for?" She asks excitedly.

"Uhh, for about... 1 year and a half, I firs-" I say calmly as if that's normal.

"HOLD ON- HOW LONG?" She asks

"1 year an-"

"I heard you the first time! How could you hide something like this for so long? Having that long of a crush isn't normal ya know? This isn't even a crush anymore, it's L-O-V-E, Speak, love!" Red says fastly.

"Love? Well, I'm not exactly sure of that..." I say unsurely.

"YET. Now come on! We're going to your house to talk all about this, from the start!" Red says, dragging me.

This was gonna be a long day.

----------------------------------------------
740 WORDS

Date Posted - 04/01/24