CHAPTER 16 - Please, Don't Ever Become A Stranger

Please, Don't Ever Become A Stranger

1989's POV

I scrolled through my phone as my mom and I sat on a bench inside the mall, waiting for Midnights.

She then suddenly jumped to her feet and I looked up to see Midnights.

"Hey, Midnights!" My mom says as she hugs her.

"Hi." She quickly says as she hugs her back and I stood up.

"Uh, hi." I quickly greet with a slight smile.

"Hey." She says awkwardly and we all head inside the mall.

"How are you? Have you been okay? Do you need anything?" My mom asks her and Midnights.

"Uh, no, none. And I've been good I guess." She says and mom chuckles.

"Oh, how has your girlfriend, uhm, Lover! How has she been? Are you guys okay?" My mom asks again and Midnights stops in her tracks, which we quickly did too.

"Uh, we broke up this morning... but we're still really good friends." She says looking down.

"What? Why?" Mom asks and Midnights looks up.

"We just... weren't working, I guess. And she still loved Rep, I understand though. I knew the relationship wasn't gonna last long." She explains.

"What about you? Are you okay?" My mom asks, again.

"I think so, we both love someone else so it-" Midnights says but my mom cuts her off.

"Hold on, you love someone?" My mom asks and Midnights nods.

"Uh, yeah, I thought it was quite obvious." Midnights chuckles.

"Okay, enough with that. Let's actually go, I'm starving over here." I complain as I dragged them in a nearby cafe.

We sat down on a table and my mom stood up to order.

"Midnights?" I ask looking at her and she quickly looks up.

"Listen, I'm really sorry for being selfish, I guess I was just-" I say but got cut off by Midnights.

"No, no, don't apologize, Nine. You have nothing to be sorry about, I should be the one apologizing. You did nothing wrong, it's me. I guess I was the one in the wrong. I was just so worried about Lover and in the process, I slowly lost my best friend." She explains and I felt a tear drop.

"Don't worry, I forgive you, really. I understand what Lover was going through. I guess I just missed my bestfriend." I explain and she chuckles.

"Do you think we can still be friends?" I ask and she chuckles.

"I don't think I'd ever say no to that." She says and I embraced her in a hug.

"Please, don't ever become a stranger whose laugh I could recognize anywhere." I mumble and she hugs me tighter.

----------------------------------------------

The day went by fast and Midnights and I hung out like we always used to do. Trying out outfits, buying ice cream, playing at the arcade, and taking silly selfies.

In the gentle embrace of her presence, amidst the symphony of moments shared, I find solace and bliss, for just being with her is enough to ignite the spark of happiness within my soul.

----------------------------------------------
506 WORDS

AN:

Tried a bit of poetry there, I don't know if I even used it right. No lie, it took me quite long. I'm also sorry for another short chapter

Also I'm so obsessed with TTPD and I still can't get over the fact Taylor said my name in a song!!

-h