CHAPTER 4 - Almost

Almost

Midnights's POV

I was just chatting with my friends when I suddenly spotted James, ugh. I have been hoping all night that he wouldn't come, so he just practically ruined my dreams.

He immediently started walking over to us and I roll my eyes hoping the world would swallow him right there and now.

"Nine, it's James!" Lover pointed out while whisper-shouting. Nine quickly turned around when Lover said that.

"Hey." She said smiling at him.

"Hey there." He said. He pulled 1989 aside and they just started talking.

Everyone noticed my glare at him.

"Mid, are you okay?" Folklore asks. I was surprised she was even at the party. Usually, Lorie doesn't go to parties like these, it isn't like her.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna go get a drink." I say and walk off to the kitchen.

----------------------------------------------

1989's POV

"Yeah, well do you wanna get a drink?" He asks me.

"Oh uh I can't, I promised my friends I would hang out with them the whole party." I explained and he frowned.

"Oh, c'mon you can hang out with them some other day, nothing will change. Just get a drink with me." He pleaded.

"I really can't, James." I said again but he really didn't give up.

"C'mon." He says, practically dragging me to the kitchen.

"No James, I-"

"What's happening here?" We both turned around and saw Midnights. I ran to her direction and hid behind her.

"She was gonna get a drink with me." He quickly said but Midnights could tell he was lying by the expression on my face.

"No, uh, he wouldn't let me go." I explained the truth to her.

"Shut up and just get a drink with me, it's not that hard, ain't it?" I was getting really annoyed and by then, Midnights had already punched him in the nose and he collapsed to the ground.

"Midnights!" I shouted. I wasn't surprised but I also wasn't expecting that.

"He was being a bitch." She explained.

"Well, you don't just around punching bitches." I said.

"I do now." She smiled proudly and I just roll my eyes.

"Whatever, let's just get out of here and go back to our friends." I said with a frown and started walking away.

Midnights immediently catched up to me. "Hey Nine, are you mad at me?" She asks me.

"Nope, just disappointed." I explained, looking at the ground. "Who would've thought the boy I've been crushing on would be a real bitch? I don't even remember why I liked him before." I said.

Midnights just giggles. "If he doesn't support your decisions, then he doesn't deserve you, Nine." She says and I nod.

"God, if only there was someone like you in the world, I'd be down bad." I say and she blushes. It's probably normal to blush because I dont just go around telling people I want somebody like them.

I just kept staring at her. I had just now realized how beautiful she is, not that I thought she wasn't. And those gorgeous midnight blue eyes, I could just melt right now. We were getting closer and closer until we were inches apart.

"There you guys are!" Red shouts and our friends were with her.

"Did we uh- interrupt something?" Lover asks us.

"Uh no, not at all." We both denied though we were both flushed.

"Okay... sure." Rep said with a smirk and I just rolled my eyes.

----------------------------------------------

3rd Person

The rest of the night went by awkwardly for both 1989 and Midnights and they both knew why.

Once it was time to go home, Midnights was so drunk, she couldn't even walk steadily. But all of their friends had already left and 1989 had no choice but to help her. But then she remembered, her dad was probably home by now and 1989 didn't want to drop her off and get her in trouble, so she took her home.

----------------------------------------------

1989's POV

When Midnights and I arrived at my house, I quickly sat her down on the couch.

"I'm gonna get some water real quick, just stay here, okay?" I tell her and she just nods while trying to keep her head up.

I rush to the kitchen and I immediently picked up a glass and filled it up with water. Once it was filled up, I went back to the living room to find Midnights but I didn't find her there. I heard some noise in the bathroom and ran there with the glass of water still in my hand.

Once I reached the bathroom, I saw Midnights throwing up in the toilet so I set the glass of water down and helped in pulling her hair back.

"Are you okay?" I ask her once she was finished throwing up and gave her some water.

"I think so." She responds unsurely.

"Do you wanna go to sleep now?" I ask her and she just nods.

I help her get up and lead her to my bedroom. I lay her down on my bed and kiss her forehead.

"I'm gonna sleep at the couch, okay?" I say.

But as I was about to leave, a tight but soft grip prevented me. "Please don't go." She pleads and I just couldn't say no to her big blue eyes so I layed down on the other side of the bed, just watching her fall asleep. I just admired her beauty while she was asleep. And we just ended up falling asleep on our sides, facing eachother.

----------------------------------------------
924 WORDS

D

ate Posted - 03/31/24