CHAPTER 15 - Rebound Release

Rebound Release

Lover's POV

After last night, I was sure I still love Rep. She's the only one in my life that could ever make me feel the way she makes me feel.

I can never run away from what I feel. I know what I have to do.

I pulled out my phone from my nightstand and clicked Midnights's number.

Midnights🫶🏻💕

8:47 AM

hey mid, can we meet-
up later?

I just wanna talk to you-
about something

-Oh, okay Ill meet you
11, at your house?

ok see you-

I'm scared, I'm not really the one to break up with someone. Usually, I'd be the one broken-hearted.

I don't even know if I really liked Midnights. But I'm sure about one thing though, it wasn't actually love. I just hope Midnights felt that way too.

----------------------------------------------

"Hey." She greeted as she headed inside.

"Uh, hey, how are you?" I greeted back with a faint smile.

"I'm good, you? You seem nervous." She pointed out, which I was.

"Uhm, can we go to my room?" I ask and she nods.

We make our way to my room quietly, it felt very awkward, if you ask me. I mean, it's my first time, I get nervous.

Once we reached my room, I open the door. We sat down on the bed and I immediently started the conversation.

"So, uh, I've been thinking about it and, uhm, I don't think this is working out. I don't think we are working out. Don't get me wrong, Midnights, you were amazing. I just think... we should break up." I explain and she tilts her head.

"Oh, I uh- don't worry! I totally understand. I know you still love Rep. You two had something special. And I... think could never get over Nine." She explains and I chuckle.

"I know." I say shyly and she had a slightly shocked expression.

"Oh, I'm so sorry if I've ever made you feel like I didn't love you in our relationship. I did, I always will, as my best friend." She says and I nod.

"If anything, I should be the one saying sorry for that. You did nothing wrong at all, I'm just a mess." I say and she chuckles.

"It's not your fault that you're not a mess, it's all Rep's. But if she made you this way, then you must have really loved her." She says and I slightly chuckle.

"Oh, I did, I do. But that doesn't matter right now, let's focus on the previous conversation. So, uh, I hope we can still stay friends?" I ask and she chuckles.

"Of course, Lov." She says as she hugs me and I quickly hug her back.

"Uhm, okay, I guess I'll just go now. See you." She says and I nod.

----------------------------------------------

1989's POV

I was getting ready to go to the mall when I heard my mom's voice.

"Hey, honey?" She asks, getting my attention as I tied my shoes.

"Hm?" I ask back.

"I've been thinking about it, and I uhm... do you mind inviting Nights today? I guess I've missed her and you know she's like a second daughter to me." She says and I turn to her.

"Uhm, no, of course I don't mind. You can invite her." I say as I turned back to my shoes and she nods. We heard a sudden ring from her phone.

"Can you? I've got to take this." She says,  pointing to her phone. I take out my phone from my pocket and text Midnights.

Midnights

12:13 PM

Hey-

-nine?? hi

I really didnt wanna do-
this, trust me, my mom
was just asking if you
wanted to go with us to
the mall

-

oh, uh sure

-what time?

1 pm, we'll see you-

-ok bye

I closed my phone as I sat down on my bed. I wasn't too harsh, was I? I didn't mean to be rude, I hope she doesn't see it that way.

----------------------------------------------
671 WORDS

AN:

I'm so so so sorry I haven't updated lately I've been quite unmotivated lately and I don't know why. And sorry for the short chapter I just ran out of ideas.

Also, TTPD is SO SO GOOD like what? Miss Taylor really outdid herself with the double album.

I kinda only changed the title cause I was thinking of putting it on the next chapter

-h