Chapter Fifteen : The Lake Town

As the car climbed more heights, he could feel a sudden shortness of breath.

Who could imagine that such a beautiful and deep lake could be located at such a high altitude?

A natural lake, not even a man made one.

God's wonders.

Nainital was a Lake City, famous for its educational institutions built during the British era, like the Sherwood College, the alma mater of actor Amitabh Bachchan.

With a small population, the entire town was built around the Naini Lake, which was housed in the centre.

And on top of the lake, stood the beautiful and revered Naina Devi Temple, a Shakti Peeth.

He lowered the windows to take in the fresh air and the beautiful scenery.

I wish I had done my schooling here instead of the States. Imagine waking up to such a beautiful scene everyday as soon as you open the window!

His car stopped on the Mall Road, and he got down with his luggage. He had to walk all the way to the villa, because vehicles were not allowed beyond this point.

The Mall Road was meant for pedestrians to walk around and all traffic had been stopped after 5 PM.

All those hours at the gym will prove worthy lifting this luggage.

He picked up his bags and started to walk uphill.

✧ · · · ────── ·𖥸· ────── · · · ✧

*Fresh air!"

Everyone loves the mountains for their scenic beauty, leisurely views and most importantly fresh oxygen.

He opened the door to his balcony and in front of him stood the mighty hills.

He had settled down in his new villa. It was a duplex, situated right in the middle of the Mall Road.

Just a step away from the main market.

He had the perfect getaway to a busy city life.

He went back inside to brew himself a cup of coffee.

It was really cold, but the sunlight was bright enough to save him from freezing.

First things first, he wanted to get ready and visit the Naina Devi Temple.

The Temple was very revered and known to grant all the wishes of the devotees. It was a serene, calm temple, housing a beautiful Shivling right infront of the main deity.

He quickly got dressed and got down from his building.

The Mall Road was built on different levels and platforms, and he had to trek a little to get down.

As he came face to face with the Lake, he could see the entire city view.

He took a boat from the Lake side towards the Temple.

And after he had the Darshan, he walked towards a sweet shop to relish the famous Baal Mithai.

Life was perfect.

And some changes are necessary and good.

Some doors are closed so that we don't knock on them, but choose the new paths paved for us ahead.

Burn the bridge, turn the page, throw the book away. Write a new chapter in your story. You're the author of your life.

He had read that quote in a book recently.

He was very optimistic about this new phase of his life.

He got over everything so quickly. His coping mechanisms and detachment traits were very well trained.

And honestly, he didn't miss anything.

Nothing and no one at all.

✧ · · · ────── ·𖥸· ────── · · · ✧

"Did you speak to him?"

Although she wanted to forget about him, she was still thinking about him.

Trying to forget him is like remembering someone I never met.

A part of her was relieved that she no longer would be involved in impromptu dramas, yet she felt disheartened and empty. She had somehow gotten used to his presence.

Especially the way he would always be there to protect her.

"Umm no, he is not picking up his calls." Jhanvi looked down at the floor.

"I think he might have changed his contact number." She verified, after noticing that her messages had not been delivered and had only a single tick on WhatsApp.

"Leave it." Kalyani said with a sigh.

"I know you feel upset. But you got addicted to him and his presence. Old habits die hard. But you can always make new ones." Jhanvi tried her best to reason and give her a practical solution.

"You're right. We don't actually like someone. We only get used to their attention. Attention is addictive. I'll find new ways to keep myself engaged."

She went to the shelves behind her in the library and picked up a book.

Practical Guide To ENT, Vikas Sinha

And so, she immersed herself in her books to deal with her heartbreak.

Heartbreak is the biggest motivation in life.

And books only helped her escape and get away with it.

The best way to deal with a problem, was not ignore it and not let it affect you. You're bigger than your problems.

Stresses can be a part of your life. Don't let your stresses become your entire life.

Your existence matters much more than temporary situations and connections.

She had learnt it the hard way.

✧ · · · ────── ·𖥸· ────── · · · ✧

Aum Namah Parvati Patiye
Har Har Mahadev!