Chapter Twelve : Apologies Accepted

"Jhanvi…?" 

Kalyani walked towards her and clutched her palm. 

"I am really sorry. I messed up everything because of my personal issues. Please forgive me." She squeezed her hand as she said those words.

A heavy weight felt lifted off her chest.

Tears rolled down her cheeks. 

Jhanvi immediately pulled her in for a hug.

"I am sorry too, sister. I can't break off our amazing bond because of some derps. No one can come between us."

They had a small crying session. They cried together, giving each other their shoulders, and yet comforted each other and wiped their tears.

"Well, you two sure make a good couple. He has anger issues, and you have trust issues. Nice, toxicity at it's best." Jhanvi teased her.

Kalyani broke into laughter. She knew once Jhanvi was out of her emo phase, it was a good sign that she was normal and cracking jokes.

"Let's go to Assi Ghat this evening for Ganga Aarti." Kalyani suggested to spend some time together, apart from the college hours. 

Jhanvi, Ganga, Bhagirathi. The One who washes away all sins and is an epitome of forgiveness.

She finally found happiness and a chance to see the Ganga Aarti that evening, because in forgiveness, lies ever lasting peace.

Indeed, pyaar mein junoon hai. Par dosti mein, sukoon hai.

They walked towards their class, wrapping their arms around each other's shoulders.

✧ · · · ────── ·𖥸· ────── · · · ✧

"We are sorry, sister. Please accept this from us as an apology." 

The same group of seniors had shown up infront of her.

Is it some hoax, again?

Ofcourse, she had trust issues. And ofcourse she was not letting her guard down anytime soon now.

"We are genuinely sorry." One of them handed her a package. She opened it and found a white dress inside.

It was not similar to the one she owned, but she accepted their apology. 

She knew that true forgiveness lies in the ability to seek an apology as well as accept one.

She smiled and nodded her head. "It's okay, sir."

They smiled back, relieved to hear from her. 

"Sorry for tearing your dress that day."

They definitely viewed her as their younger sister from now on.