Chapter Eleven : Sl*t Shaming

"This is not how you win a woman's heart, my friend." Vaibhav face palmed himself.

"Then how?" Rudra asked him, like an innocent teenager in love, who didn't know how to propose to the love of his life.

"Go and meet her. And apologize."

"Apologize? You mean, I will say sorry? Huh, never. He scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"You will. Go and apologise. NOW!" He seemed really serious. And Rudra had never seen him behave this way.

"Atleast for the sake of our friendship, Bhai. I don't want to lose my bhabhi as well." Vaibhav was sounding extremely earnest, and this time, he was requesting Rudra, instead of ordering him.

He knew the only way with Rudra was to boost his pride, feed his ego and show him as the hero, by requesting him sincerely, instead of ordering him or commanding him and taking the lead.

"Thank you, Bhai.  What would I do without you? You give the best advice." He came and took him in a tight hug.

Bromance before anything.

"You clearly don't know how to have a soft way with women."

"Yeah, he likes it rough." Ansh joked and coughed to cover it up.

"Tough. I mean, tough. He likes it the tough and difficult way."

"Shut up!" He started laughing at himself. He was extremely grateful for his friends.

They had supported him and been his constant pillars.

I can't even imagine my life without my friends. My actions have hampered her friendship. How would she be dealing with the loss of her best friend?

It was Tuesday. He knew exactly where to find her.

✧ · · · ────── ·𖥸· ────── · · · ✧

As the evening set in, he visited the Sankat Mochan Hanuman Temple.

He knew how devoted Kalyani was, and she would definitely visit the temple every Tuesday evening.

Meanwhile, Kalyani was heading back from her college.

Broken, disheartened and completely ruined, she knew her only hope was the Divine. Her faith stood undeterred even in the face of adversities.

And as expected, she showed up at the temple. She took some Boondi sweets as offering and went inside for Darshan.

As she came out of the temple, Rudra saw her. He was waiting for her outside, on the road opposite to the Temple gates.

"Kalyani!" He called out to her.

She looked at him at once, out of reflex.

He crossed the road quickly and came closer to where she stood.