Somebody's Messing With Us (DAIYB)

Start from the beginning

She found herself growing pissed all over again. Today had been a colossal shit show. From Lucious fucking up her plans to Jermel. Getting her purse searched she was allowed entry through a medal detector. Looking around the room the heavy feeling in her chest grew. Inmates with family visiting them. Men with their young kids....talking....laughing....smiling. She was robbed of it all. It wasn't fair but life wasn't fucking fair.

Hell did she felt she deserved it after all she had done in life. After all they had done...and were continuing to do. As the thought rolled through her mind, the man she needed to see walked through the inmate entry. Surprise crossing Lucious's face before he smirked. Cookie glared at the man not in the mood for his condescending mouth today. Taking a seat Lucious peered at his exwife. A million and one things going through his head. The most blaring of them all telling him something was wrong.

Cookie had this way of presenting herself. She was evey bit of the the jagged edge she presented as, but he knew that stone had been carefully chiseled. It was man made not natural. He had watched its beautiful creation. Which is how he could tell something was troubling her. It was a matter of what that trouble was. He had reason to believe she was pissy because he had ruined her plans. Which reminded him that he was pissed off at her as well. She was a snake in the grass lately.

"Why do you look like Mr T?" He tossed, breaking the silent stare down. Watching her dull eyes spark.

"Ain't nobody come all the way out here play no games with you Luscious." She snapped, he chuckled tilting his head. She could deny it all she wanted but a few words had just lifted her spirits.

"Whatever the reason I still love you..." he started, watching her roll her eyes in response. That didnt deter him as he looked around. He was being honest at the moment.

"I do and I'm so sorry I didn't come and visit you all those years in here. This place is hell..." He trailed off, her eyes cutting to slits that pierced.

"3 months....you been in here 3 months." She spat.

"Talk to me after 5 years. If there's any justice well have that conversation." She added, watching him deflate like she had killed his puppy.

"You mean that?" He questioned, Cookie blinked at the man. He surely wasn't getting sappy because she was paying him a visit?

"What you think I dont cause I threw you that little concert? Boy bye." She snorted, he chuckled in the tone that grinded her gears. The chuckle before he said something snarky to piss her off. It didnt help that he decided to switch seats to grow closer to her.

"Naw, see I know you threw that little concert cause you was tryna impress that big investor of yours. Real sorry that ain't work out for ya baby." He grinned, her face scrunched in return.

"I did that for our sons Lucious , thats....." She sneered, trailing off realizing it wasn't worth the arguement. She wasn't here for this. She was here for one reason and she was getting distracted.

"Its tearing my babies apart having you in here." She admitted, he sighed leaning closer into her space.

"You always were a ride or die." He mused, reaching over to touch her. She snatched away from him shooting him a glare. He was always trying to touch on her.

"Save that shit for Anika...or one of these little boys you messing around with in here." She threw out, knowing it was the farthest thing from the truth. It was funny nonetheless. Even Lucious himself laughed.

"It's crazy how I can love yo ass and hate you in the same moment." Lucious tossed, crashing the moment with surgical precision.

"I call it torture..." Cookie added, because that's what it was. Even as she sat here cursing the earth for his being, he still made butterflies appear.