you know the rules.

✩✩✩

🎧- bad idea right – olivia rodrigo

Amelia walked to PE with Missy, they had changed into their sports clothes, and they were making their way to the oval, they were playing t-ball today, Amelia felt herself getting excited, she hadn't told Missy what happened last night, but she knew this was the perfect time.

"So, are you and Spider back together then?" Missy asked as they sat down in the shade, waiting for their turn to bat.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Amelia joked, looking around stupidly, pretending she didn't see Missy.

"Yeah right, you have been snapping at everyone since that night, what's going on Amelia." Missy laughed, pushing Amelia's arm.

"Well, if you insist, me and Spider may or may not have had sex last night." Amelia whispered, Missy's eyes widened, and she gasped.

"What! I thought he couldn't, you know?" She whisper yelled, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Well turns out Spider boy is a little masochist. I was yelling at him for something and them, bam! You know the rules." Amelia told her, she held out her pinkie to Missy.

"Don't tell anyone, yes I know." Missy nodded, giving Amelia a pinkie promise, they laughed with each other, then they got called for their turn to bat, the helped each other up and walked over to the tee, grabbing a bat on the way.

Spider watched Amelia as she walked over, he was completely ignoring what Voss was saying to him, he watched her as she ran around the field, fucking around with her friends.

"I take it you saw Amerie's video?" Voss asked Spider, he cut his attention away from Amelia for a brief second, looking to Voss.

"Oh yeah." Spider said, he looked back to the field, watching Amelia again, feeling himself smile at her having fun.

"Nasty piece of editorial that was, deep fake, it's got Jojo's fingerprints all over it, I can just hear her now, 'guess what, well, we smashed the glass ceiling', well, joked on her, cause what's she gonna do if it rains, an it is starting to sprinkle, I can tell you that much. It is raining change, and we are the cause of that change, and she's up there, trying to discredit what it is we're out here endeavouring to do." Voss ranted.

Spider wasn't really paying attention, too busy watching his girlfriend play t-ball, instead he just nodded, pretending that he was paying attention to Voss's words.

"What is it exactly that we're endeavouring to do?" Spider asked, looking over at Voss.

"We're inviting people to wake up, to the fact that they're living in a world in which a man can have his life ruined over one harmless joke. The debate is next week mate, now if you win that, we win the election, and then the lords are back in action, but make no mistake, this is war, Spencer. Batter up!" Voss explained, scaring Spider at the end.

When the bell went, Amelia walked around school trying to find Malakai, she wanted to know how the conversation with Rowan went, she finally found him sitting alone in the library, reading an atlas.

"I'm guessing it didn't go well?" Amelia asked, sitting down next to Malakai, he turned and looked at her shaking his head and letting out a fake laugh.

"Nah, he broke up with me actually, doesn't matter." Malakai answered, Amelia could tell that it really did matter to him, she sent him a sad smile, "Can I tell you something." Amelia nodded her head.

"Of course you can." She answered, Malakai took a deep breath and Amelia knew this was some big news he had been holding in for a while.

"Mum's got a new job in Switzerland; I think I have to move away." Malakai explained, showing Amelia the book, it was open to a page about Switzerland, Amelia furrowed her eyebrows, reading over the page.