the twins are in trouble.

✩✩✩

🎧 – you make me sick – carla wehbe

Amelia was home from school, sitting in the living room with Ant, Spider and Dusty, watching them all play video games, Amelia was thinking hard about what had happened at school that day, just when her mum walked in, Amelia looked over to the front door, her eyes widening.

"Anthony, Amelia, kitchen now." She said in a stern voice, Amelia and Ant got up immediately, leaving Dusty and Spider in the living room and following their mum into the kitchen, "Do you two have anything to say?"

"No?" Ant questioned, trying to play dumb, Amelia widened her eyes again and looked down to her feet.

"I'm not dumb Anthony, I drove all the way home because of this, so you better tell me all about this disgusting map." Amelia's mum said, Amelia stayed silent, knowing she would be in trouble, Amelia and Ant's mum was very religious.

"It was just something stupid this girl made up; it really isn't that deep." Amelia answered, trying to calm down her mother, but failing.

"Is it true? What is written on the map?" Her mum asked, now it was Ant's turn to go quiet, not wanting to tell his mum about the handy he had received. 

"Yes, but mum, we are teenagers, you really can't believe that we aren't having sex." Amelia answered, nodding her head at her mum.

"That's enough, you two are grounded, after Spencer and Dustin leave, no going to friends' houses, no friends here, no parties, you will both come straight home from school. And you can start going to church again, no excuses." Their mum explained, pointing at them both with authority, Amelia felt angry, but she wouldn't dare yell at her mum.

"What, mum that's not fair." Ant argued, Amelia looked at him, shaking her head.

"Do you want no phone too? Because it's looking that way Anthony." Ant just nodded, their mum let them go, Amelia went to her room, wanting to be alone, she hated having a strict mum, she was always trying her hardest to please her, but it never worked.

Life seemed easier when it was just Ant and her in the house, she missed her dad endlessly, he had left because her mum was driving him insane with all the controlling she did, she would visit him sometimes, but he had moved to Melbourne and had a new life, new kids, and a new wife.

Amelia picked up her phone, she went through her contacts and found her dad, clicking on it and calling him, she sat down on her bed and pulled her legs up to her chest, letting the phone ring, when he didn't answer, Amelia sighed, throwing her phone to the end of her bed.

Amelia leaned her head on her knees, feeling tears form in her eyes, she was just so confused with everything, and she didn't know how to handle it, she felt anger creep up her back, she held her breath, wanting to scream but not wanting anyone to hear her.

Amelia heard her door open, and the last person she expected was standing in the doorway, Spider was looking at her with sad eyes, Amelia stared back in confusion, sniffing and wiping her eyes, confused as to why he was coming in her room.

"Are you okay?" Spider asked, he stayed in the doorway, not coming closer, Amelia blinked, confused why he was being so nice to her suddenly, Spider raised his eyebrows when she didn't answer.

"Just fuck off." Amelia said, still feeling angry, she watched him as his expression went from sorry to angry quickly, she was used to this expression now, and she felt a sense of familiarity.

"Fuck you then, I was just trying to be nice." Spider rolled his eyes, giving Amelia a dirty look and leaving the room, closing the door after him.

"A little late for that dickhead!" Amelia yelled back to him, she instantly started crying again, just wanting to punch something she was so angry, she didn't know where all these emotions came from, but she got up and ripped down all the photos of her as a kid with her dad, and all the photos of her and Spider, not wanting to remember when they liked her.