Chapter 20: The proposal

Eight months had passed since Alexandru and Valeska confessed their love for each other, and their relationship had blossomed into something truly special. Alexandru knew that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with Valeska, and he was determined to make their love official.

As their anniversary approached, Alexandru began planning the perfect proposal. He wanted it to be a moment that Valeska would never forget, a moment that would capture the depth of his love for her.

One sunny afternoon, Alexandru suggested to Valeska that they go for a drive along the coast. Little did she know, he had something much more special in store for her.

As they drove along the winding coastal road, Valeska couldn't help but admire the breathtaking scenery. The sun was shining, the sea sparkled in the distance, and a gentle breeze tousled her hair.

"Isn't this beautiful?" Alexandru said, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

"It's perfect," Valeska replied, a smile spreading across her face.

Little did she know, the best was yet to come.

As they reached their destination, Alexandru pulled the car to a stop and turned to Valeska with a mischievous grin.

"Surprise!" he exclaimed.

Valeska looked around in confusion, her eyes widening in surprise as she took in the scene before her. They were at a secluded beach, adorned with fairy lights, candles, and a beautifully decorated table set for two.

"What's all this?" Valeska asked, her heart pounding in her chest.

"It's for us," Alexandru replied, his gaze never leaving hers. "For our anniversary."

Valeska's eyes filled with tears as she realized what was happening. She couldn't believe that Alexandru had gone to such lengths to make their anniversary special.

As they sat down at the table and enjoyed a romantic dinner together, Alexandru's heart swelled with love for Valeska. He knew that this was the perfect moment to ask her the most important question of his life.

And as they watched the sun set over the horizon, casting a golden glow over the beach, Alexandru took Valeska's hand in his and looked into her eyes.

"Valeska, from the moment I met you, I knew that you were the one for me," he began, his voice filled with emotion. "You are my everything, my light in the darkness, my soulmate. Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

Tears streamed down Valeska's cheeks as she listened to Alexandru's heartfelt words. She had dreamed of this moment for so long, and now it was finally here.

"Yes," she whispered, her voice filled with love. "Yes, Alexandru, I will marry you."

With tears of joy in his eyes, Alexandru slipped the sparkling diamond ring onto Valeska's finger, sealing their love for eternity.

And as they embraced, the sound of the waves crashing against the shore, Alexandru knew that this was just the beginning of their beautiful journey together.