Chapter 19: Confession

As Valeska's birthday party continued, Alexandru found himself unable to tear his eyes away from her. He watched as she laughed and chatted with her friends, her smile lighting up the room in a way that took his breath away.

But as the night wore on, Alexandru's heart sank when he noticed Valeska talking to John. He couldn't shake the feeling of unease that settled in the pit of his stomach as he watched them from afar.

Unable to bear the sight any longer, Alexandru excused himself from the crowd and slipped outside into the cool night air. He needed to clear his head, to gather his thoughts before he made his move.

As he stood outside, his mind racing with uncertainty, Alexandru spotted Valeska walking alone down the quiet street. Without a second thought, he followed her, his heart pounding in his chest.

"Valeska, wait," he called out, his voice echoing in the stillness of the night.

Valeska turned around, surprise evident in her eyes as she saw Alexandru approaching her.

"Alexandru? What are you doing here?" she asked, her voice tinged with confusion.

"I needed to talk to you," Alexandru replied, his heart pounding in his chest as he took a step closer to her.

Valeska's brow furrowed in concern as she looked at him. "Is everything okay?"

Taking a deep breath, Alexandru gathered his courage and spoke from the heart. "No, Valeska, everything is not okay. I've been a fool, a blind fool who couldn't see what was right in front of him."

Valeska's eyes widened in surprise at Alexandru's words, a sense of apprehension creeping into her heart.

"I've spent so long denying my feelings, pushing them aside because I was scared," Alexandru continued, his voice trembling with emotion. "But I can't deny them any longer. I'm in love with you, Valeska. I have been for a long time, I just didn't realize it until now."

Valeska's breath caught in her throat at Alexandru's confession, her heart pounding in her chest as she tried to process his words.

"Alexandru, I...I don't know what to say," she stammered, her voice filled with uncertainty.

But Alexandru didn't give her a chance to respond. Stepping closer to her, he took her hands in his, his gaze never leaving hers.

"I know I've made mistakes, Valeska. I know I've hurt you, and I'm sorry," he said, his voice filled with sincerity. "But I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make things right. I love you, Valeska, and I want to be with you, if you'll have me."

Tears welled up in Valeska's eyes as she looked into Alexandru's eyes, seeing the depth of his feelings reflected back at her.

"I love you too, Alexandru," she whispered, her voice barely above a whisper. "I've loved you for so long, I just didn't know if you felt the same way."

And as Alexandru pulled her into his arms, holding her close, Valeska felt a sense of peace wash over her. No matter what the future held, she knew that they would face it together, hand in hand, united by a love that was stronger than any obstacle they might encounter.