Chapter 6: Heartache

Five months had passed since Emma's visit to Berlin, and Valeska found herself caught in a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. With each passing day, her feelings for Alexandru grew stronger, until she couldn't deny the truth any longer: she was in love with him.

But as Valeska's feelings deepened, she couldn't shake the sinking feeling in her heart. Alexandru seemed increasingly distant, his thoughts consumed by her sister Emma.

It was a painful realization for Valeska, one that left her feeling lost and alone. She had never expected to fall for her sister's love interest, and now she found herself trapped in a web of unrequited love.

One evening, as Valeska sat alone in her apartment, she couldn't shake the feeling of sadness that enveloped her. She had tried to ignore her feelings for Alexandru, to push them aside and focus on other things, but it was no use. Her heart belonged to him, and she couldn't deny it any longer.

As tears welled up in her eyes, Valeska made a decision. She couldn't continue to live in denial, to pretend that her feelings didn't matter. She had to confront Alexandru, to tell him how she felt, even if it meant risking their friendship.

Gathering her courage, Valeska dialed Alexandru's number and waited anxiously for him to pick up.

"Hello?" Alexandru's voice came through the phone, and Valeska felt her heart skip a beat.

"Alexandru, it's Valeska," she said, her voice trembling slightly.

"Valeska, hey," Alexandru replied, his tone warm but distant. "What's up?"

Valeska took a deep breath, steeling herself for what she was about to say. "I need to talk to you," she said, her voice barely above a whisper. "Can we meet?"

"Sure, of course," Alexandru replied, his curiosity piqued. "How about we meet at our favorite café in an hour?"

Valeska agreed, and as she hung up the phone, she felt a sense of relief wash over her. It was time to lay her cards on the table, to finally confront the feelings that had been consuming her for months.

As she made her way to the café, Valeska's mind raced with thoughts of what she would say to Alexandru. She knew it wouldn't be easy, but she had to tell him the truth, no matter the outcome.

Little did she know, the conversation that awaited her would change everything.