Chapter 12: Traffic Light

As the city lights twinkled in the darkness, Alexandru and John cruised through the streets of Berlin in Alexandru's sleek black car. The night air was cool and refreshing, and the hum of the engine filled the silence between them.

"So, what do you think of the new job?" John asked, breaking the silence as they approached a traffic light.

"It's great, actually," Alexandru replied, his hands gripping the steering wheel with confidence. "The team is amazing, and the projects we're working on are really exciting."

John nodded, a smile playing on his lips. "That's awesome, man. I'm happy for you."

As they waited for the light to change, a familiar voice caught their attention.

"Alexandru? John?"

Turning to their right, they were surprised to see Valeska and her friend Josslyn in the car next to them.

"Hey!" Alexandru exclaimed, a smile spreading across his face. "What are you two doing out here?"

"We were just out for a drive," Valeska replied, returning Alexandru's smile. "What about you guys?"

"Just taking a late-night cruise," John added, his eyes flickering with curiosity as he looked at Valeska.

As the light turned green, the four of them drove side by side, exchanging small talk and laughter as they made their way through the city.

For a brief moment, all the tension and awkwardness between them seemed to melt away, replaced by a sense of camaraderie and shared connection.

But as they approached a fork in the road, Valeska's car veered off in one direction while Alexandru and John continued on in the other.

"See you around, Valeska," Alexandru called out, a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Yeah, take care," John added, a wistful smile on his face.

As Valeska and Josslyn drove off into the night, Alexandru couldn't shake the feeling of regret that washed over him. He had missed his chance to talk to Valeska, to explain himself and make things right.

But as he looked ahead at the open road stretching out before him, Alexandru knew that it wasn't too late. He still had a chance to make things right, to mend the broken pieces of their friendship and maybe even build something new.

And as he pressed down on the gas pedal, speeding off into the night, Alexandru made a silent vow to himself. He would find a way to make things right with Valeska, no matter what it took. For she was more than just a friend to him; she was the missing piece of his heart, and he couldn't bear the thought of losing her forever.