Chapter 3: A New Friendship

On Valeska's first day at the University of Berlin, she was filled with a mix of excitement and nervousness. Dressed in her favorite jeans and a cozy sweater, she made her way through the bustling campus, her heart pounding with anticipation.

As she entered the lecture hall for her first class, Valeska's eyes scanned the room, searching for an empty seat. Spotting an open spot near the front, she quickly made her way over and took a seat, her pulse quickening with each passing moment.

Moments later, the door swung open, and a whirlwind of energy burst into the room. Valeska looked up to see a young woman with curly blonde hair and a mischievous twinkle in her eye.

"Hi there! Mind if I sit here?" the woman exclaimed, flashing Valeska a bright smile.

"Of course not," Valeska replied, gesturing to the empty seat beside her. "I'm Valeska, by the way."

"Nice to meet you, Valeska! I'm Josslyn," the woman said, plopping down in the seat next to her. "First day of university nerves, huh?"

Valeska nodded, relieved to have found a friendly face amidst the sea of strangers. "Definitely," she admitted. "It's all so new and overwhelming."

Josslyn grinned. "Tell me about it! But don't worry, we'll navigate this crazy world of academia together."

As the professor began the lecture, Valeska found herself drawn into Josslyn's infectious energy and enthusiasm. The two of them quickly struck up a conversation, sharing stories of their hometowns, their passions, and their hopes for the future.

Before long, the lecture was over, and Valeska and Josslyn found themselves walking out of the classroom together, deep in conversation.

"You know," Josslyn said, flashing Valeska a mischievous grin, "I have a feeling we're going to be great friends."

Valeska couldn't help but smile. Despite the nerves and uncertainty of her first day at university, she felt a sense of comfort and belonging in Josslyn's presence.

"I think you might be right," Valeska replied, her heart lighter than it had been in weeks.

As they walked through the campus, Valeska and Josslyn made plans to grab coffee later that day and explore the city together. And as they laughed and chatted like old friends, Valeska couldn't shake the
feeling that her decision to come to Berlin had been the best one she had ever made.