Chapter 13: At the cinema

Valeska sat across from her brother Matheus in their favorite ice cream shop, enjoying the sweet treat and catching up on each other's lives. It had been too long since they had spent quality time together, and Valeska cherished these moments with her brother.

"So, how's the new job going?" Matheus asked, taking a bite of his ice cream.

"It's good, actually," Valeska replied, smiling. "I'm settling in well, and the team is great."

As they finished their ice cream, Matheus suggested they go catch a movie together. Valeska agreed, eager for some sibling bonding time.

As they entered the movie theater and found their seats, Valeska couldn't shake the feeling of anticipation. She was looking forward to spending time with her brother and escaping into the world of the movie.

But as the lights dimmed and the movie began, Valeska's attention was suddenly drawn to the familiar sight of Alexandru and John entering the theater and sitting down in the row next to them.

Surprised and a little flustered, Valeska's heart raced with mixed emotions. She hadn't expected to see them here, and she wasn't sure how to react.

"Hey, Valeska! Matheus!" Alexandru called out, waving enthusiastically.

Valeska forced a smile, trying to compose herself. "Hey, guys. Fancy seeing you here."

Matheus greeted them with a friendly nod, seemingly unfazed by their presence.

As the movie continued, Valeska found herself stealing glances at Alexandru and John, unable to shake the feeling of awkwardness that hung in the air between them.

But as the movie reached its climax, Valeska noticed something unexpected: Alexandru and John were engrossed in the film, laughing and joking together just like old times.

A sense of nostalgia washed over Valeska as she watched them, remembering all the good times they had shared together. Despite everything that had happened between them, she couldn't deny the bond they shared.

And as the credits rolled and they all stood up to leave, Valeska couldn't help but feel a sense of hope stirring in her heart. Maybe, just maybe, there was still a chance for them to mend their broken friendship and start anew.

With a smile on her face, Valeska turned to Alexandru and John, her eyes filled with warmth and sincerity.

"Thanks for joining us, guys," she said, her voice filled with genuine gratitude. "It was really nice seeing you again."

And as they walked out of the theater together, Valeska felt a glimmer of hope ignite in her heart. No matter what the future held, she knew that with her brother by her side and Alexandru and John back in her life, anything was possible.