The date

Isadora
My eyes peer up, eyes burning at the light shun into the room. A sensation goes through my head like a sharp pin being pulled out as my eyes adjust to the sunlight. My hands fly up to rub my temples trying to sit up on the soft mattress under me.

Emilio is seated at the very edge of my bed, his expression showing a hint of discomfort as I connect gazes with him.

"Well hello sleeping beauty" he snickers with a soft smile playing across his lips

"What happened" I groan looking around to see that I'm situated in my bedroom. Last thing I remember is...Dante. His rage and wickedness displayed.

"You passed out, a panic attack" Emilio infers shifting towards me. I freeze as the memories wash back at me, the horrific event I witnessed was beyond brutal, no human should ever be treated that way.

I think I'm going to throw up.

"Oh my god—Emilio, he-he completely shattered his hand. He did it and didn't feel anything, I looked him in the eye and there was nothing—" Emilio places his hand on mine before reeling me in as an act of comfort. He hugs me tight as I whisper out my distraught

"It's okay, everything's fine now" he assures causing me to shake my head repeatedly

"It was horrible—I tried to stop him but I couldn't" I break out in sob, wrapping my arms around his neck tighter

"Calm down Isadora, don't have another panic attack again" he pats my hair down and my eyes search his. How can he be so calm with all this?

"I don't want to stay here please, can I live with you instead ? I don't ever want to see him again" I spring out of bed, tucking my hair behind my ears as I try to make my point proven. He lets out a breathless laugh, shaking his head

"I don't think you know how marriage quite works"

"I am married to him against my will! Nothing about this marriage works"

"Look I just wanted to check in on you, Dante hasn't been here since last night after you fainted, I doubt he'll show his face anytime soon so you have nothing to worry about"

I am indeed such a fool thinking our marriage could ever be real. A real husband would sit by his wife, like how my family shows. He'd never leave their side especially when unconscious. I never expected anything less from him and it is stupid to think I ever will.

It is always one step forward and 10 steps back to where we started. I don't want to hate him forever but his actions enforce me to.

~~~

I stride down the street, making my way to the ice cream shop I usually go to near my firm. I had asked Emilio to let me out the house so I could have sometime to myself not confined inside the manor. But of course he only agrees with him coming along, remaining a great distance from me.

I step into the shop, ordering my usual but giving it to a child in need. When I meant needing a time for myself excluded Emilio tailing me which I now need to get rid of. Luckily for me Stella is working today, I dropped the charges against her from a customer that was suing her 6 months ago and we just got closer overtime, more of the reasons I go here often.

I ask her to direct me to a back door but getting out, Emilio is across the other side of the fence. We connect gazes for a split second before his steps quickens, running towards the shop.

I bolt out onto the back of the street led from the ice cream shop, running away from him and heading nowhere.

Trying to look back to acknowledge if he's gained a trail on me, I bump into someone My head snaps to the front once more, looking directly at no other than Raphael.