The question

Isadora
The private plane ride with Dante was more uncomfortable long than awkward. He seemed to maintain his distance, ensuring he seats closer to the tail of the aircraft than up front with me. We left early today for France, ensuring that I say my proper goodbyes to my family but also keeping a promise to see them this upcoming Christmas.

I look out the window again, my eyes failing to catch up by the many buildings passing due to the speed of the car. Dante's seated beside me with a seat between us as he talks to whoever is on the other side of his phone.

I peer down at my floral dress gifted to me by my mom, the lavender flower accompanies the creamy material effortlessly alongside the small corset holding my chest up and the rope tying them together. It truly was beautiful.

The vehicle stops moving and I lift my head up only to see a familiar house behind the gate. We drive in the moment the gate opens and a rush of unknown feeling swarms through me. I never thought I'd be back here again.

The door opens from my side causing me to step out immediately, looking onto massive house,taking in its exteriors once more. The door closes but Dante doesn't seem to get out, instead the window rolls down revealing his sculpted face.

"I have some things to take care of, make yourself at home" he doesn't wait for my response before he orders the driver to take off. I guess my things will be brought down here with another vehicle.

I walk up the stairs before staring at the 10foot door which was left open thankfully because my prints couldn't have opened it.

Here I am again, back in this empty house. I am aware people would kill to live in a place like this but it truly is worthless with no one to fill the space. Despite the breakfast we had before our departure, my stomach rumbles stuffing the atmosphere. None of the workers are here today so I guess now is the time to make my uncle's famous spaghetti recipe.

As I continue my steps, my heeled sandals collide with the tile loudly but before I could make it around the curve into the kitchen a shadow comes up from behind me.

"You" a deep toned voice booms the room causing me to turn around in surprise.

"You scared me" I softly say, drawing both hands up to clutch my chest.

"Who gave you the permission to roam around? Why do you look familiar?" His eye squints

"I-"

"Ah yes, you're the bitch who got boss arrested, some balls you have to show your face here again. Come along, wait till he finds out you've set foot in here" he grabs my arm ruthlessly, yanking me hard enough to surrender to his actions as he guides me.

"No wait—I think there's been some sort of confusion!—Where are you taking me! Let go of me!" I yell trying to break free which only makes his grip harder.

"You're going to leave a bruise can you let go? I can walk by myself!" I attempt to persuade him but his grip shifts from my arm to the back of my neck, hoisting me to an unknown hallway.

"You do know I'm married to him right? Call him and see for yourself, he's well aware I'm here-"

"Hey! What the fuck are you doing? That's the boss's wife" someone yells from behind us, interrupting me

He turns us around so that we face other guard who'd just spoken.

"Are you fucking stupid? You have a death wish or something? Let go of her, she's not an enemy" the guard speaks up again and immediately I'm released. I don't think twice but to pick up my pace, running away before they change their mind.