The promise

Isadora
It's been a week since my freedom, since that monster had been arrested and now the police have given me a go to fly back home. I wanted to bring down people like him but I knew I couldn't without joining the mafia, I got approached 3 years ago by the Irish mafia asking to bring Dante down in order to join them because he'd been a treat to them.

They made allies with the FBI, starting a whole undercover operation to bring Delrico down and for me who was a freshly graduated law student, they put me and used me to infiltrate him. I knew there would be a time his case would've been handed to me but they didn't prepare me for all his actions towards me.

With my new victory, I am now able to do good and bring down all men like him. Unfortunately keeping my family in the dark about this pays me more, they'd lock me up if they ever find out about this, hence why I need to be a lawyer to cover my tracks well.

I step out the jet, my dad's driver waiting to pick me up in the hangar as I make my way towards the car.

"Welcome back Isadora"

"The pleasure is mine" I greet him back

~~~

The ride home was long but as we pull in, an unknown vehicle is parked in the long driveway of my home.

Who bought a new car?

I step out the car, assured that the driver would bring down my things as I rush in to greet my parents.

"Baba" I call out,

"In here" my mom calls out from the dining and I practically run to meet her. My legs stops as I reach the dining, my smile instantly dropping as I see no other than Dante Delrico sitting with my family, eating lunch with them.

My mom hugs me tight but my attention focuses on Dante who seemed to be enjoying this. I pray my mom couldn't hear how loud my heart is beating as she draws from me, giving my dad space to hug me as well.

"We were just meeting your fiancé? How come you got engaged without telling us?" My mom slaps my arm, frowning which such disappointment

"Don't follow in your aunts footsteps" my dad shakes his head, reminding me of how my aunt got engaged

"No, I cannot accept this, I won't. You both will just have the wedding here." She says, emphasizing on the real but all I can think of is how the fuck Dante Delrico is sitting at my dining table when he should be behind bars.

Dante

Excitement fills me as I watch the blood rush out her face, pale. Isadora stands there, glued to the floor as if she'd seen a ghost. She thought she could take me down, infiltrate me right under my nose and I wouldn't notice? One thing I hate is people underestimating me.

I put on the show of me getting arrested so she could lead me right to her parents, she knows she's at my mercy now because I know the one truth her precious family don't. She's now in the mafia.

My enemy's mafia.

But unfortunately for her I won't allow my wife to join another mafia, I'm almost one hundred percent sure her parents know nothing about it too. I did my homework on them, her dad is ex soldier for the Spanish mafia, he got out when she was born and ever since then, he'd lived far away trying to protect them which only means none of them are in the business, until now.