The message

Isadora
An unfamiliar sound piercing through the midst of the air causes me to jolt awake and realize Dante isn't on the bed anymore. I sit up more, glancing around the room only to see the door slightly open and in one quick motion I throw off the duvet and head for it. The aching in my leg causes me to limp and just as I open the door wider, a limp body with a bloody head appears in the middle of the small hallway making a loud uncontrollable sound erupt from my mouth

I've never seen a bloody head before let alone a dead one. My lip start to quiver as my eyes start to get blurred wondering what is happening and where Dante is.

"Dante!" I call out without no response but before I could open my mouth again, someone pulls me from behind, covering my mouth so that my screams are muffled as I start to panic. Before I know it, I'm dragged into another room and placed into a closet, my back placed at the side of the closet which makes me see no other than Dante with his hand still pressed to my mouth while he faces me, his strong gaze boring into my fearful ones.

My quiet sobs are making him palm damp but he doesn't dare move his hand for both our sake. The closet is big enough to fit us but with not enough space because of the clothes hiding us behind them. Our faces and bodies are dangerously close to each other, feeling his still body against my trembling one.

I glance down at his hand and then back up at his eyes hoping he takes the hint and in response he slowly takes his palm away from my mouth.

"W-what is happening" my voice shakes as I gently whisper to him

"They found out where we were, I can't fight off all of them on my own, I counted about 40 armed men based on their heat scan, we need to stay here quietly or we both get shot so stop whimpering" he whispers firmly and calmly as if none of this is new to him as it is for me.

Forty men ?? Oh god we're going to die.

I'm going to die.

I can feel my heart pumping faster now, my headache increasing as I start to breathe heavily.

Please not now.
Not now.

I close my eyes trying to focus on my breathing like my mom taught me but it only starts to get worse as my air way feels tighter. Tears start to fill my eyes again as I blink repeatedly trying not to have a panic attack

"Stop crying Isadora or I might just have to shoot you myself" Dante growls lowly, his whisper deep but only loud enough for me to hear.

"I can't help it, I'm claustrophobic" I manage to say without looking up at him as my body continues its light shivers

"Don't let your fear control you, mind I remind you this is a life or death situation" he bites annoyingly which makes me roll my eyes up to look at him only to realize his gaze was fixated on me before

"You are not helping, now I suggest if you don't want to die then stop talking before I pass out due to your attitude"

"I don't have an attitude and I'm not afraid of dying so don't use it to threaten me, you're the reason why I'm in here right now because someone needs to keep you safe otherwise I would have taken care of the problem"

"How nice of you to call me deadweight, that's really helping me calm me down"

"You don't seem like you need calming down with how fast that mouth is moving" his eyes drops to my lip and I fight the urge to not slap his stupid face

Our heated conversation gets interrupted as the door to the room opens which causes him to slam his palm back on my mouth, his eyes warning me not to make a sound.