The story

Dante
I scan my palm, stepping into my house to see Emilio and Lea patiently waiting for me in the hallway. 7 hours ago when the alarm was triggered, I'd gotten the alert from my phone which urged me to fly back as soon as I could.

"Talk to me" I order, walking into the room as I head for my office.

"The silent alarm went off and we got to him in time, caught him snooping around probably looking for her. He's down in the basement and a guard is still posted at her door." Emilio summarizes

"Good, transfer him to the office and not a word about this to her, I take it she has a bit of a liking to him and do it quick" I turn on the computer, watching as Mathias black attempts to force my gate apart.

What a fool

The same metal used to make vaults in banks is the same one the gate is made out of, there is no forcing it apart manually. Amusement fills me as I observe him forcing apart the opening at the side of the gate where the rods are

What was his plan exactly? Going through the gate and then what? Breaking into this fortress? I may not have guards lurking around every corner 24/7 but once the alarm goes off, they all come out from the basement and fill those edges surrounding the manor

"Lea I need you to fly back to Berlin and round things up with Soleil" I stop the recording, looking up to meet her gaze

"I'll get on that" she nods, leaving the premises without objection.

"What are you going to do with Black?" Emilio steps forward while I prepare to head out

"Keep him dehydrated, let me know when he's transferred" I state, exiting the room and heading towards Isadora's

Polo is still on guard at her door as I make my appearance known, he steps aside granting me entrance into her room. The door opens silently and I set my eyes on her body laying on the couch with Ares sleeping on the floor next to her.

I walk over to her, grabbing the blanket on the arm of the couch and placing it on her. She stirs for a moment, mumbling something with her eye brows pulled together. My eyes trail down, her eyelashes so long and thick it rests on her cheek, her plump lips pouting and her chest rising up and down. She is completely vulnerable to me right now.

Exhaling, I walk back out, easing Polo from his post making sure to close the door behind me.

~~~

Isadora

Someone was here.

I stare at the heavyweight blanket wondering who might've placed it on me. I'm not much of a deep sleeper and I'm pretty sure I was up for most of the night anyways.

I peer down to see Ares fast asleep on the floor and I maneuver my way around him, trying not to wake him up as I head for the bathroom to freshen up. Someone has tried to break in here last night and I need to find out who and where they are.

I change into black sweats, my mind charging at the fact that it's 10 am and no one's called me down to eat. The house seems more silent than ever and I'm starting to think they've forgotten about me and left.

I walk out my room, leaving it slightly open in case Ares wakes up. I walk into the dining expecting to see food displayed there as usual but fruits are the only thing occupying the large table which makes me wonder about to the kitchen.

"Goodness gracious Isadora! You scared me" Gabriel startles, almost dropping a bag of groceries that came from the pantry.

"Sorry didn't mean to", I lend out a pleading smile before continuing. "Where is everyone? And most of all where's breakfast" I ask, plopping on the high stool in front of the counter