48

One week later...

Seeing Zeke hopping in the room with his crutches made Zac laugh hard.

Deandre: Come on man

Zac:(trying to control himself) I'm sorry, but he didn't have to come in here like that.

Deandre: Yes he does. You broke his leg remember.

Zac couldn't respond because he was still laughing.

Zeke: See nah. Fuck this meeting

Zeke turned around to walk out.

Deandre: hold on.

Zac: Man sit your over sensitive ass down. You know you want what I'm offering.

Zeke: Who you talking to?

Zac: you might wanna watch your mouth. You remember what happened the last time you wrote a check you knew your ass couldn't cash.

Zeke: you snuck me and you know that.

Zac: I don't know shit. All I know is that when I was done with you, your bitch ass was on the ground.

Zeke's lawyer: Can you control your client? At the end of the day he needs this deal to go through.

Zac: He doesn't have to get shit and we all know your client needs this more than I do.

Deandre: Zac let me talk to you outside real quick. Excuse us for a second.

Deandre got up to step outside and Zac followed him.

Deandre: What is your problem?

Zac: Nothing.

Deandre That wasn't nothing. It already took a lot to get him here and you are about to blow it in two seconds.

Zac: I don't like that nigga.

Deandre: Do you wanna raise your boys from behind bars?

Zac remained silent.

Deandre: I didn't think so. Check your feelings about this nigga and shut the fuck up. Let me do my job and get you home before your fiancée gives birth to your kids.

Zac: you lucky we go way back because I don't just let anyone tell me to shut the fuck up.

Deandre: Yeah whatever. Get in there and keep your cool.

Deandre walked back in to the room and Zac said a quick prayer before following.

Zeke's lawyer: Is everything good now?

Deandre: (takes a seat) yeah everything's good.

Zac sat down glaring at Zeke.

Deandre: My client is very sorry about his outburst and the fortunate accident that led to your injuries.

Zeke: It don't look like that to me.

Deandre: Trust me. He is sorry.

Zeke: Then let me hear that from him.

Zac snickered and turned his head.

Zeke: Why you quiet now? You was just big man couple minutes ago.

Deandre: Now you handle your client.

Zeke's lawyer began to whisper to Zeke trying to calm him down.

Zeke: This nigga thinks he's big shit because he got me when I wasn't looking. That was a weak ass move. I guess it's true. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Zac: Ok. Times up.

Deandre: Zac

Zac: Nah I gave you time to handle this without me going off on this nigga. Im gonna let you handle this, but first I need to shut his ass up because I'm tired of hearing him. you keep talking about my dad, but where is your real father? Oh yeah that's right his ass didn't want you either. That day you also said that I wasn't wanted by my mother and that may be true, but nigga she didn't want you way more than she didn't want me. I at least had five years with her. She had a plan to drop your ass before you came out the womb. The only reason why she came back for you is because she had no choice but to.